Tchotchke I Found to Photograph in a Wisconsin Thrift Shop

Who owned this item before it was donated? Who gave it as a gift?

Who owned this item before it was donated? Who gave it as a gift?

1. Erica Acklin

Ruth, I love this. You are such an artist!

October 4, 2009 at 10:24 am

2. Bill

This reminds me of Ann Martin.

October 4, 2009 at 10:42 am

3. Ruthanne Bauerle

Hi Ruth! Love it! Have you been to Scavenger? It is on Butler Street toward town, same side as Borelli Edwards. Sally and I stopped in there on our way to BE and could have stayed an hour peeking around and sniffing the wonderful antique/junque store scent. I never knew how to spell tchotchke before!

October 4, 2009 at 11:14 am

4. Aida

Thanks for a memory…….Michael said “i think I know those nuns!!”
    Haha……I remember my parent’s friends and Michael’s parents, grandmas
    and friends having exact little tchotchkes like this. I used to LOVE them!!

October 4, 2009 at 11:47 am

5. Mike and I are in the process of cleaning out our third floor. Thought we better do it before we got too old to climb the stairs!! We have found enough tchotchkes to fill at least half of a thrift store!! Not at all sure why we saved all of these things, but I still have to force myself to part with them. Mike just wants them gone – no sentimentality on his part!! If you see any of our items at the Goodwill or at a thrift shop, feel free to photogragh them! You make everything more of a treasure with your camera!!!

October 4, 2009 at 4:29 pm

6. annette

makes me want to slow down, look down, stop. even for an artist/poet – what i have missed, gone, never to be seen again! thank you ruth, keep shining!

October 4, 2009 at 7:46 pm

7. Erika

Mil-you have no shortage of “stuff” around to photograph!!Haha!

October 4, 2009 at 9:00 pm