Feral Cat in the Snow

Feral Cat in the Snow

We call her Long Tail. Her 3 siblings had bunny tails, about 3" long stubs.

Braving the snowstorm to look for food. This is one we caught, had fixed and returned to wild.

1. cute kitty

February 16, 2010 at 8:18 am

2. Beautiful shot!
    Cat looks healthy!
    Ugh – teachers report on time – gives me the chills!!!

February 16, 2010 at 8:21 am

3. nora

Another great photo. I was on a two hour delay myself today when I saw the snow again. I hope everybody made it to work safely.

February 16, 2010 at 8:59 am

4. linda K.

Ruth: Great photo. Ferals will find this weather hard, but they take shelter somewhere until the show stops I think. i have a feral that adopted me and has lived on my porch for years. She sometimes invites others over, but I don’t encourage it. She hangs with my two cats, loves my neighbor and even lets us pet her. When the big snow came, she disappeared for 2-3 days, then turned up hungry – where she sheltered I don’t know, but I suspect it might have been in the storm sewer.
    There is an organization that will help trap and neuter all your feral cats – they clip their ear to show that they have been neutered. Mine is female (a tortie) and came with a clipped ear.
    Keep up the great photos. Linda

February 16, 2010 at 9:05 am

i’m on a 2 hour delay too but my delay is washing the floor in the kitchen – i’m just delaying doing it – the kitty is so cute and i kinda feel sorry it is out in this crazy weather

February 16, 2010 at 10:05 am

6. I love the confidence a cat exudes. He is calm and deliberate. You have captured a perfect moment.

February 16, 2010 at 10:13 am

7. Deb

Wish the cat could tell her story….. Loved the photo!

February 16, 2010 at 11:05 am

8. Joan

Ruth,
    Love your upbeat attitude, we need more of you! Great pictures.
    Joan

February 16, 2010 at 4:57 pm

9. Bonnie Imhoff

I love what you did for the beautiful kitty.

February 17, 2010 at 7:59 am