Matthew is 30 Today

It is almost breakfast time in Zagreb.  I’m getting ready for bed.  Thirty years ago, November 20, 1980, 10:10 AM -born in Clarion PA. Almost Thanksgiving.  My mother flew out to help and then my father drove out from Philadelphia and surprised us.  Here is a colored pencil drawing I started with things from Matthew’s childhood. The legal pad and pencil are drawn, not real.  I placed a few photos on top.  It was Matthew’s idea to commemorate birthday and special occasions on the blog. So Happy 30th Birthday Matthew.  Love you and miss you. Ma

Little Green Doggie, Lego, Playmobil, St Nicholas made with a walnut and upside down apple from German Kindergarten.

1. Laura M

Happy Birthday!

November 20, 2010 at 7:39 am

2. erica

Dear Matthew Happy Happy Birthday!!! I think you must have been 6-7 years old when we met on Howe Street!! [and I was 35---teehee:-)]. Do the Croatians celebrate with cake and icecream, too? Hope you have a GREAT 11/20 and a wonderful year to start decade #4!! LOVE, erica

November 20, 2010 at 7:59 am

3. erica

PS. Love your “collage” Ruth!!

November 20, 2010 at 8:01 am

That is a beautiful picture.

November 20, 2010 at 8:11 am

5. Vincie

Happy Birthday, Matthew!

November 20, 2010 at 9:04 am

I love collages! They tell so many stories and bring back so many memories! Happy Birthday, Matthew!

November 20, 2010 at 10:51 am

7. Joyce

I remember Matthew in a Moses basket at our little work room. I’ll bet mom still has the cradle Shuey made.

November 20, 2010 at 11:15 am

• The cradle Shuey made with his own hands is a work of art. An heirloom gift. I treasure it. Matthew got so big so fast he wasn’t in it for long but I am so glad I have photos of him in the cradle as it sat in front of the fireplace that winter.

November 20, 2010 at 12:11 pm

8. mary ann

Happy Birthday to Matthew!! What a great mom you are,and so blessed with such a beautiful family.

November 20, 2010 at 2:55 pm