Christmas Camels in the City

He looked straight at me.  I don’t think he wanted me to take his picture. I heard a deep camel growl.   The streetlight behind outlined his head shape just so.  There was an ox and a donkey, I’d say they were “lowing”. An angel passed out candy canes.  I went inside and the sanctuary was filled with the sound of Go Tell it on the Mountain. Christmas has come to the city, right on Penn Circle North, across from Home Depot! There was a second camel who seemed less agitated by the whole scene.  People were crossing the street and taking pictures with their cell phones.

1. Thats a great shot! Since my travels in Rajasthan, I have come to love camels.

December 12, 2010 at 6:31 am

2. laura

a diva camel

December 12, 2010 at 9:32 am

3. Cj

Could there be any more perfect of a picture for a Christmas card this year? I hope you forward a copy of this photo to the church. Great shot Ruth.

December 12, 2010 at 10:30 am

4. Sandra Robinson

good morning Ruth,

I love reading your blog and looking at your wonderful photographs..

Re the Camel, you don’t want to get a camel angry..they can be vicious.the only way to calm them down is to take of a piece of your clothing and let them stamp on it, that seems to calm them down..I learned this after living in the Middle East.
    Merry Christmas
    Sandra

December 12, 2010 at 10:44 am

5. love the camel

December 12, 2010 at 11:04 am

6. Kay Comini

cool photo. I really enjoyed Sandras’s comment.

December 12, 2010 at 5:53 pm

7. DB

Loved the Goodyear sign in the background…..you can almost hear the angels singing!

December 13, 2010 at 12:34 pm

8. Marlene

Grandbabies would of enjoyed seeing the camel.

December 13, 2010 at 4:06 pm

9. erica

I am so glad you got these photos, Ruth. I was on my way to Home Depot and nearly drove off the road when I saw the camel!!!!

December 14, 2010 at 11:56 pm