What You Should Never Eat- But Tastes Great!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Hungry

Sometimes you are hungry
for something that is just not good for you.
And you eat it.

And regret doing so.

Or not!

Wednesday nights I take a class at Manchester Craftsmen’s and eat an early dinner on the South Side, driving down the slopes from Arlington.   The last two weeks it was Carson Street Deli sandwiches but then I started thinking French fries. Undoing all the work at the gym yesterday.

So I crossed at 16th St and went into Mario’s, the only patron at that off hour but not for long.  Cory was hosting and tending bar and took my order for an Alpine burger (don’t ask) and their house cut fries. A tall ginger ale.      I asked if I could photograph the stained glass windows.  Designed by Williams Stained Glass of Bethel Park. It was a good time to photograph the architectural details.  Woshner’s was once “haberdashery” and is now Mario’s.  I was too early for Karaoke night. Had to get to class.

1. Gail radley

Sometimes you just have to

February 17, 2011 at 3:02 am

2. connie

What a tribute to the sports scene-their impressive collection of stain glass. Another example of the community’s devotion to all things Pittsburgh. I am mailing this to our retired friends near St. Louis that work on stained glass gifts for friends.

February 17, 2011 at 8:06 am

I want to go just to see those windows! Oh yeah, I sabotage my hard work exercising almost everyday, so don’t you worry about a thing.

February 17, 2011 at 8:06 am

4. Laura

Protein is good for rebuilding your muscles. I looked up their menu; the Alpine burger looks good!

February 17, 2011 at 8:16 am

5. Ruthanne Bauerle

Yum! Great series as always!

February 17, 2011 at 8:43 am

6. Marlene

Great pictures…..your dinner looked so good.

February 17, 2011 at 8:44 am

7. Toni

Maybe Fatheads next week??!! Lots of new burger places around now – very tempting!!!

February 17, 2011 at 10:58 am

8. erica

What a great place! Including the burger!!!
    Loved the photos of the beautiful old ceiling and the table/chairs in the front window!!

February 17, 2011 at 7:07 pm