“If it is in aluminum, we make it” – but not anymore. Company is closed.

Vintage advertising. Aluminum Goods Manufacturing Company became Mirro but it turns out it all closed in 2003.  I looked it up. (click here for history)  And there is a photo of the building on Flickr. Used as an art space and bands practice in it.

I was photographing this collapsible cup for the keeporpitch blog thinking it might be something I could part with and then when I looked at the photograph I decided, who am I kidding?  I can’t get riud of this item just yet,  So didn’t want people to vote on it and say PITCH it cause I know I’m going to let it stick around with me some more.  I think it is something my dad got at a yard sale or Golden Oldies thrift shop at the home where they lived in Illinois.

Aluminum

I have a hammered lazy Susan
with the dogwood motif.
A lipped pitcher with some flowers.
A couple of loaf pans.
Cookie sheets.
A jelly roll pan.
But here’s my favorite
aluminum item.

I guess you could take it camping.

1. I think there may be a visit to Antiques Roadshow in your future!

March 14, 2011 at 7:27 am

2. Laura

I agree!

March 14, 2011 at 7:28 am

3. Piraino

A vintage piece.

March 14, 2011 at 8:06 am

Or just keep it as a memory – that’s what I’d do.

March 14, 2011 at 8:08 am

5. Rob

This was made in Manitowoc, WI. Not far from where we live now in northern Illinois. This factory may be closed but there is a good pie place in Manitowoc. I know them all.

March 14, 2011 at 8:27 am

6. erica

Made in Wisconsin! Those jobs went overseas long ago – Nafta was the first push to break the Unions and the R. are finishing the job now in Wisconsin…. and breaking the law to get the job (THAT job) done!!!

March 14, 2011 at 10:25 am

7. Kristin

WOW! That is a definite KEEP!
    Rick liked the photo and especially the made in Wisconsin part.
    Thanks for resending it to me.

March 14, 2011 at 12:15 pm