Heinz Chapel Pittsburgh- H.J. Heinz wanted to honor his Mother Anna Margaretta Heinz

Heinz Memorial Chapel on a Spring day. Built in the 1930′s of grey Indiana limestone.  The family name Heinz is on a lot of landmarks in Pittsburgh.  Heinz Hall, Heinz History Center, the Heinz House, the Heinz Plant (I hear the ketchup is made in Ohio these days) and of course Heinz Field  where the Steelers play. It was the grandchildren of Anna Margaretta who had the chapel built.   For info about the chapel click here or see what wikipedia has to say click here

1. Laura

Happy Mother’s Day!

May 8, 2011 at 8:24 am

2. Happy Mother’s Day Ruthie

May 8, 2011 at 8:32 am

Heinz chapel is quite a tribute to Anna Margaretta. Don’t think I’ll be honored like that so I guess I’ll be happy with a card and a call. Happy Mother’s Day!

May 8, 2011 at 8:34 am

4. erica

Thanks for this Heinz history! Surprised to learn that Heinz Chapel was built in the 1930′s – it reminds me of a famous Chapel in Paris [not remembering the name!]which was probably built 400 or more years ago…:-) Going to check out Wiki. to see if they give Anna Margaretta’s MAIDEN NAME. She may have been HEINZ in life, but in death she belongs on another tree!!

May 8, 2011 at 8:57 am

• Her maiden name is Schmidt

May 8, 2011 at 9:11 am

5. Kristin

Happy Mother’s Day to one of the best mothers I know. Hope you have a wonderful day!

May 8, 2011 at 9:51 am

Happy Mother’s Day to everyone who is a mother, has been a mother, and will be a mother! My brother called me this morning to wish ME a Happy Mother’s Day. Jonathan asked me one time why there wasn’t a Children’s Day and I told him EVERY day is Children’s Day!

May 8, 2011 at 11:35 am

7. Fabulous photo.
    Beautiful composition & light.

Happy mother’s day. :)
    We had ours last weekend.

May 8, 2011 at 6:05 pm