The Grandmother Whose China Went to Laura

For those of you following the Keep or Pitch blog, you know that Laura now has the Haviland Limoges China that belonged to my grandmother, her great-grandmother. Charlotte Elizabeth Rowley married Judd DeWitt Van Sickle in 1908. Uncle John born 1910, my mother Marian 1912, and Uncle Robert 1914. Laura and James will be married in the fall of 2011, one hundred and three years later. I am putting up this post, just as Mother’s Day is coming to a close.

My sister suggested a photo of our grandmother
for today’s post.
I think it was a good one.

1. Rob

Beautiful china from a beautiful grandmother, to a beautiful mother and now a beautiful granddaughter. What a beautiful story and wonderful memories.

May 9, 2011 at 6:59 am

• Rob

It think I missed the final beautiful great granddaughter. Just too many beautiful people in this story line.

May 9, 2011 at 7:04 am

2. Kristin

You look like your Grandmother. I can see you in her eyes.

May 9, 2011 at 7:02 am

3. Treasures

May 9, 2011 at 7:06 am

Your grandmother was beautiful! What a tribute to both grandmother and Laura.

May 9, 2011 at 7:52 am

5. mary ann

Loved that,things are always better with a little history!! Hope you had a beautiful Mothers Day!

May 9, 2011 at 8:05 am

6. Hootie

I,too,think you have her eyes,but I see your sons in her.

May 9, 2011 at 8:28 am

7. Euthemia

Ruth, you look just like her!

May 9, 2011 at 10:31 am

I don’t know what it is about old pictures like that – I just LOVE them! Ruth, I think the resemblance is in the mouth. The blouse she had on is gorgeous! Love all that lace. I have my grandmother’s china and it looks much like that in the picture.

May 9, 2011 at 11:12 am

9. erica

So much beauty: people and objects!! I see Laura in Charlotte Rowley Van Sickle. Could you post the wonderful painting of Laura by James’s Mother next to this wounderful photo of CRVS???? Thanks also for showing the LImoges China and crystal. XOXO

May 9, 2011 at 7:48 pm