No- It’s Not a Keep or Pitch Photo!

I smocked and made the porcelain doll's dress. In another life. Seriously.

From the archives- Some readers get the blogs mixed up and think I am asking for a vote on what’s shown, helping me downsize.

I made this a year or so ago in the summer, thinking it would make good notecards to send to the grandchildren. My mother’s tea set, a doll (with the braids) given to me in 1959 by my second grade teacher when we moved from Newark. So when the grandchildren visit there will be opportunity for a real tea party, not just the one I set up on the front lawn to amuse myself. V gave me the bear says What’s Cookin. Clearly, I am too sentimental. Ann, I know you would throw it all out!!

Nothing political-
from the archives
Waiting for the rain to let up.
Sun welcome.
Everything super green.
Feels like fall.

1. Rob

Never have been to a tea party. I am ready for one. I need a change after the last couple of months.

May 18, 2011 at 5:52 am

2. Toni

Reminds me of “The Teddy Bear’s Picnic” – even though there are dolls there. So cozy and adorable!!! Some of Melissa’s old Boyd’s Bears are looking at me – they sit on a mantle near the computer station. Melissa has some of her old collection and left some here. Why are Teddy Bears so cute and endearing? I wouldn’t want to meet one in real life!! Think that’s been asked before. Anyway – the photo is sweet!!!

May 18, 2011 at 6:46 am

3. Kristin

A great photo!
    If it ever does make it into the “keep or pitch” category…….a definite KEEP!

May 18, 2011 at 6:53 am

4. Hootie

Precious! I want to be there and share a cup of tea.Tea parties were so much fun! I must get my great niece,Maddie, to have one with me.

May 18, 2011 at 7:23 am

5. Piraino

Don’t throw anything out but give away to those who would appreciate these items, ideally to your family or friends or a favorite charity. This is how I am downsizing which is good for the soul and tidiness as well

May 18, 2011 at 7:34 am

6. laura

today’s the day the teddy bears have their picnic

May 18, 2011 at 7:52 am

7. connie

The doily in the table cloth arrangement takes me back to my child hood. I have a few of my grandmothers and stumble across them from time to time. From another era and they were common place then. A tea party with grandkids sounds like a wonderful event and I am looking forward to a few days with those activities. Not this year – but we hope it will be soon :-)).

May 18, 2011 at 8:00 am

8. erica

Only you,Ruth!!! Too adorable, every detail!!! XOXOXO

May 18, 2011 at 9:28 am

Ain’t no such thing as “too” sentimental.

May 18, 2011 at 10:13 am

10. D. B,

If the items still bring joy or happy memeories, you need to keep!

May 18, 2011 at 12:08 pm

11. Pingback: Mini Tea Set « Blog Archive « Keep or Pitch?