Places to Get Food- #3 in a Series- Gridiron Grill

Heinz Field- Pittsburgh PA.

Photographed at the Kenny Chesney concert a few years ago.  A friend of Mark’s gave us tickets to go and it was really an all day affair.  We took the boat across the Allegheny River to the Stadium.  I will admit at the time I did not even know who Kenny Chesney was or any of the songs he sang.  I know, I know, hard to believe but true.  It was amazing to watch the concert goers stand, sway and sing at the top of their lungs to every song he sang. There were a ton of warm up bands and Kenny arrived when it was getting dark and what an entrance. They knew them all.  Every word!

So all this talk of football season and this photo came to mind and I am starting to wonder if I have posted it already cause I like the patient standing formation of the people waiting to get their hotdogs. And the cowboy hats in our city for the evening!

1. Gail radley

Amazing photo, almost surreal

September 28, 2011 at 3:37 am

2. bernadette

The cowboy hats really make it.

September 28, 2011 at 7:57 am

Cowboy hats and no stampede – impressive.

September 28, 2011 at 8:53 am

4. Wow, I hope their grub is good.

September 28, 2011 at 9:55 am

5. It’s great that you were offered the opportunity to take a step back, out of the picture, so to speak, to get such a unique perspective of the crowd. I like this photo, a lot!

September 28, 2011 at 11:53 am

6. thirdhandart

Love country music and cowboy hats! Awesome photo!

September 28, 2011 at 11:59 am

7. erica

Thought it was about the Steelers, for sure! Surprise! Very imaginative/catching photo!!!

September 28, 2011 at 12:40 pm

I listen to a lot of country music so I know who Kenny Chesney is. I think that I, too, could sing most of the words to his songs, at least I do in the car! Seeing that long line reminds me that now that I have the time to stand in those long lines, I don’t have the money to buy the food!!

September 28, 2011 at 3:25 pm

9. The bird’s perspective really makes this picture stand out. This along with the contrast between the hats and top of people waiting in line; and the darker ground. Even though people seem to stand still, there is such a dynamic movement over the crowd in the picture. And then a tension between them and the warmth of the inside of the snack bar. Very well done.

September 29, 2011 at 8:20 pm

• Thanks for the thoughtful comments on the Gridiron Grill shot. Best,
      Ruth

September 29, 2011 at 8:23 pm

10. I like the pattern of people; very cool perspective.

September 30, 2011 at 9:26 pm