Thinking about Wedding Cookie Tables, Again

Cookie tables at weddings? A recurring theme, I know.  The biscotti in the basket, the pizzelles in another.  Trays and trays of cookies.  Little boxes or bags to take cookies home.  Anise, vanilla, the scent of fresh baked cookies.  Today Laura and I shopped in a restaurant supplier for trays for the cookie table next month.  We’re thinking a lot about cookies.  I’ve posted cookie table photos before. I’m sure I will be posting them again.

1. “Wedding cookie tables.” That phrase alone conjures up so many memories that I’ve long forgotten — and your photos re-enforce the experience. Perhaps it was a regional thing, but I would add the scent of almond (paste) to the aromas wafting above the tables. Thank you.

October 9, 2011 at 12:56 am

• Almond paste is a wonderful fragrance to add to the experience, thanks. I love cookies with the almond paste and the pignoli nuts on the outside. Guess with the price of the pignoli nuts they are scarce! I am going to find that recipe and see if I can make some. I guess I should have mentioned chocolate as well. Thanks for your addition!

October 9, 2011 at 1:03 am

2. Kristin

Never heard of cookie tables @weddings until your photos Ruth but we are all looking forward to experiencing them for the first ti e next month!

October 9, 2011 at 6:48 am

3. When I lived in NY and had Italian friends, they always has a cookie table at their wedding. I guess there are many Italians in Pittsburgh?

October 9, 2011 at 8:00 am

4. Vincie

I always look forward to the cookies!

October 9, 2011 at 8:02 am

5. erica

Oh my goodness! I’ll like some of those for breakfast! :-) :-)

October 9, 2011 at 8:17 am

What a treat. I do love my cookies.

October 9, 2011 at 8:58 am

No, cookie tables at weddings have not caught on yet in this area of Southern Indiana and Louisville. I think it’s a wonderful idea, though. I think I’m part Cookie Monster!!

October 9, 2011 at 11:46 am

8. Cj

All I need are a couple of those peanut butter kiss ones, and I’m good : )

October 9, 2011 at 1:35 pm

9. Holy buckets – that’s a boatload of cookies!!

October 9, 2011 at 3:58 pm

10. I love this tradition and if not for you I’d never know about it.

October 9, 2011 at 4:28 pm

11. Cookies are one of my favorite food groups

October 9, 2011 at 5:40 pm

12. Marlen

Which cookies are we making for Laura’s wedding?

October 10, 2011 at 9:26 am

13. thirdhandart

I’ve never been to a wedding with a cookie table, but the freshly baked cookies must smell wonderful. And, they look delicious. Yummy photos!

October 10, 2011 at 11:44 pm

• Cookie tables are much anticipated around here.

October 11, 2011 at 8:08 am

14. Pingback: Cookie Table ~ A Pittsburgh Tradition: Part 1 « Wedding Ideas, Top Wedding Blog's, Wedding Trends 2014 – David Tutera's It’s a Bride’s Life