Pittsburgh- Zombie Capital of the World

Thanks to George A. Romero and his classic Night of the Living Dead(1968).  Would you believe I missed the recent Zombie Fest in Downtown Pittsburgh the first week of October?  That is what Zaq told me as I asked him about his shirt he was sporting on the South Side.  I had just been to the Post Office and was headed for a slice of pizza at Blue Grotto and I stopped on the sidewalk and asked if I could photograph him in his shirt for the blog.  Sure!  I asked him where he got the Pittsburgh Zombie Capital of the World T-shirt and he said, ” The Monroeville Mall!”  That is where they used to hold the Zombie Fest.  I regret that I missed the Zombie Prom I was invited to a few years ago.  I know I could have gotten some great shots.  But here is Zaq (with a Q) on Carson Street and he said I could blog his shirt, with him in it.  Thank you Zaq!  And thanks to your friend who was with you.  I should have taken him with you.

I see the most interesting people and scenes on Carson Street in the South Side.

Every city has there claim to fame. I’ve heard of Zombiefest but never experienced it.

October 20, 2011 at 7:29 am

2. I think every city has a Carson Street. The ‘trick’ is being willing to visit it now and again. ;)

October 20, 2011 at 8:53 am

3. I didn’t know there was a Zombiefest, let alone that Pittsburgh had been crowned the Zombie world capital. I need to get out more.

October 20, 2011 at 10:06 am

4. He looks all nice and kind, but in a zombie apocalypse you’d want him on your team!

October 20, 2011 at 11:31 am

5. Kristin Foerster

Did not know that! You must be so proud!

October 20, 2011 at 1:46 pm

6. JB

Well, that’s interesting – here’s the headline in the “Living” section of our paper today. Apparently they meet on a monthly basis. Those who join the ZRS, they say, have a greater chance of survival.

DEADLY SERIOUS ABOUT ZOMBIES
    Local chapter of the Zombie Research Society (ZRS) meets to learn survival skills and self-defense strategies that would be of value even if the zombies never come.

October 25, 2011 at 5:27 pm