Mr. Lenny Moran-Burgh Nation T- Shirt Man

Saturday morning I drove down to the Strip District of the city to purchase items for the cookie table for the wedding. Ingredients; pistachios, hazelnuts, almond paste, Portuguese Pignoli Nuts, anise seed,fig jam, and some doilies for the cookie trays. Stopped by the Steeler Nation T-shirt display and told the proprietor his shirts were being worn in Zagreb. I bought them last year. We struck up a conversation and before you know it, Mr. Lenny Moran opened his a guitar case and showed me where Tom Petty had signed it T.P. and then had a well-worn leaflet autographed by Muhammed Ali. Turns out Lenny is a songwriter as well as a Steeler Nation T-shirt entrepreneur. If you’re from Pittsburgh you might have heard his Rock’n the Igloo!   Check out his burghnationtees.   He had a tablet with wireless capability and I was able to show him the post of the Steelers slide show where he was featured last January.   Lenny had placed Steelers folding chairs to save a parking spot for a couple of nuns who came and set up a table to sell Advent wreaths.  It was a nice morning.  He graciously consented (I hadn’t asked last January) to be on the blog.  Thanks Mr. Lenny Moran.

Lenny Moran and his autographed guitar.

Note to SELF:

Carry good camera at all times

Carry good camera at all times

Everywhere, ALWAYS!!!

All iPhone once again.

1. That’s some guitar! I’d love to sit with him and get a tour of the signatures. I doubt that he let just anybody sign it and hearing the tales behind them would be fascinating.

October 23, 2011 at 12:20 am

I love your people at work series. This is the best. Next time I’m at the strip I will surely look for him.

October 23, 2011 at 7:39 am

• He has photos of his shirts from places Round the world. Including the Wailing Wall.

Sent from my iPhone

October 23, 2011 at 7:42 am

3. Thanks for leaving a comment on my page and leading me here. I’m not wild about portrait photography, but I really like this series of photos documenting people at work in your town. Yours will be the page the social historians pour over in twenty years time.

October 23, 2011 at 7:47 am

4. What a wonderful story. I am a new blogger and your posting have been a source of inspiration to me. The next time I am in the strip district I will look up Lenny Moran. Thank you for sharing.

October 23, 2011 at 8:26 am

5. Erica Wells

Lenny has all the bases covered!! Love his Tees …. guess it figures about the French T being a non-seller in the Burgh, n’est-ce pas? :-)

October 23, 2011 at 8:27 am

6. Wow, that guitar has quite the story.

October 23, 2011 at 11:23 am

7. Didn’t think Steeler Nation was such an empire. Thanks for the great pictures.

October 23, 2011 at 2:58 pm

8. nice guitar!

October 24, 2011 at 5:56 am

9. That guitar looks like it’s seen the world…

October 31, 2011 at 9:19 pm

• Yes, if it could tell us where it has been I am sure it would amaze us.

October 31, 2011 at 11:14 pm