Feller’s Garage Castle Shannon PA

Not sure of the fate of this structure.  I did find a nice photo that someone took a year ago. This is just mine as I waited at the red light, taken with the iPhone.

1. Rob

Memories of a bygone day when the mechanic knew your name and you had great personal service…and the car was fixed the first time at a reasonable price. I bet Mr. Feller was a good mechanic.

October 26, 2011 at 6:20 am

2. My garagiste still knows my name; takes in my parcels for me and helped me get my sofa out of the sitting room!

October 26, 2011 at 6:28 am

3. are you sure they’re not open?

October 26, 2011 at 6:45 am

4. a place where to organize a Halloween party …

October 26, 2011 at 7:56 am

5. Boy, this photo sure does evoke some strong memories — even smells. There was a scent to the old garages that you won’t find anywhere else. Good thing, too!

October 26, 2011 at 11:02 am

6. Great photo! Next to our board of education office is Thacker’s Garage – looks very similar – not quite as run down! He takes care of our districts buses – all six of them! We’re a very small district! But this is a piece of America that is slowly but surely going by the wayside.

October 26, 2011 at 11:18 am

7. thirdhandart

Love the angles in the photo! Great capture!

October 26, 2011 at 12:49 pm

8. Awww poor feller!

October 26, 2011 at 2:02 pm

9. Many of us feel nostalgia about the America we remember from our childhood. This photo captures a glimpse back in time.

October 26, 2011 at 3:30 pm

10. Erica Wells

I wish this Garage could be brought back to life lovingly and Uncle Frank’s truck / car? parked in front!!!

October 26, 2011 at 11:24 pm

11. We have buildings like this around the city. I frequently wonder about them: what were they like ‘back in the day’? Who worked/played/lived there? Change, change, change.

October 28, 2011 at 2:09 pm

• All of life is change. You are right about that!!

October 28, 2011 at 11:14 pm