Anise Cookies

This recipe has been in a folder for ten years. I have now made it twice. I
Like anise but many do not care for it. The recipe has a name on it. I also baked Mrs Scarano’s strip cookies. Twice. Don’t like to double recipes. Taking the split second cookies out now raspberry Jam apricot preserves and Fig jam filled.
From the phone. I hope it works

20111109-000707.jpg

20111109-000741.jpg

1. Looking scrumptious!

November 9, 2011 at 12:17 am

• Thanks Carla. Saw your post on my phone and am going to read the rest of your good news on the computer. Congrats. I’ll be over to comment on your blog soon.
      Not having an easy time uploading photos from phone. I think if you hit the blue little square with the question mark, the recipe will show itself.

November 9, 2011 at 12:22 am

2. When I was a child, the anise cookies were for the adults. It was a small price to pay being we could lay claim to all others. It was a milestone, of sorts, when we were old enough to have one of the anise biscotti without so much as eyebrow being raised.

November 9, 2011 at 10:05 am

• These are little disc shaped. I should try the biscotti. I like your story about the anise being reserved for the grownups, John,
      The baking is finished and it will be interesting to see what is the most popular.

November 10, 2011 at 12:24 am

3. Lara

Ruthie- I LOVE those strip cookies!!!!!! Can’t wait to see you this weekend!

November 9, 2011 at 10:51 am

4. Toni

Yum – I think I see my favorite there!!!

November 9, 2011 at 12:45 pm

5. Glad someone else loves anise. These look wonderful.

November 9, 2011 at 1:24 pm

6. Ritchey will love you for this! He always talks about the anise cookies his mom made – and I’ve been really hesitant to go up against that memory! But these sound lovely! I will make them as soon as I get home – and let you know what he says!

November 9, 2011 at 2:07 pm

• Can’t wait to hear how he liked them!

November 10, 2011 at 12:22 am

7. Joyce

That cookie table will look so, so tempting! Just getting over pneumonia; so being there on Saturday never was in my cards.

November 9, 2011 at 5:38 pm

• Hope you get well soon Joyce. I am sorry you got pneumonia. Rough autumn for you!

November 10, 2011 at 12:21 am

8. thirdhandart

Looks yummy! I like anise cookies too!

November 9, 2011 at 6:16 pm

9. Kristin

Anise is my favorite!

November 9, 2011 at 6:23 pm

10. Erica Wells

It’s mid evening time …… wish I had some of those anise cookies RIGHT NOW!!! :-)

November 9, 2011 at 8:22 pm

11. I also don’t like to double-up on recipes… there’s too much new-and-good stuff in the world to make the same things over and over again… :)

November 11, 2011 at 1:49 pm