Chicken and Waffles at Thelma’s- City Market-Downtown Roanoke VA

We ate at Thelma’s Chicken and Waffles with an appetizer of Fried Green Tomatoes-

Erika ordered a Vegetable Platter and Cornbread

And I ate their specialty- Chicken and Waffles. What else? oh yes, that would be a side of home fried potatoes.

and from the Historic Roanoke City Market website I found the vendor names

Julia & Gary Goad-  Julia wearing a shawl she knit in 3 weeks of television time.I bought some fragrant &  pretty soaps.   Yellow Mountain Crafts

and this man in the cowboy hat was explaining how bottles have belly buttons- an outie vs. an innie  hmmmmm!

Name: Dave & Kyle Kelsheimer
Business Name: Lunarscapes
Location: Rocky Mount
Vendor since: 2006
Products: Specialize in slumped glass wine & liquor bottles (table art)

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

1. Now THAT is a waffle! All of the food looks delicious!

November 28, 2011 at 6:42 am

• A month’s worth of fat grams in a single meal! But seems calorie-worthy (at least at the time of consumption)
      It was delicious.

November 29, 2011 at 12:11 am

2. Gail Radley

Love those fried green tomatoes

November 28, 2011 at 7:44 am

3. Nice group of photographs. I remember my visits to Roanoke. Loved photographing up and down the Shenandoah Valley.

November 28, 2011 at 9:04 am

4. Oh, I want those green tomatoes! I love the name of the bakery too.

November 28, 2011 at 10:50 am

5. The “slumped glass” you refer to is recycled wine, soft drink, and beer bottles flattened or bowl shaped. We sell these at 3G Gallery. They make fun holiday gifts and help support area artists.

November 28, 2011 at 2:36 pm

6. thirdhandart

The food looks delicious, and I love the older gentleman driving the hot rod car. They are all great photos though. It looks like a fun-filled day.

November 28, 2011 at 4:22 pm

7. The veggie platter looks fantastic! And of course I’ll take some fried green tomatoes – yum.

November 28, 2011 at 8:44 pm

8. Erica Wells

Yes to all of the above comments —– !!! Does the guy in the red car know Uncle Frank?? :-)

November 28, 2011 at 9:26 pm

9. LOVE fried green tomatoes! :)

December 3, 2011 at 1:53 pm