Air France Meal on a Tray

Airline food. It’s scarce these days.   I took this photo on my way to visit Matthew in Zagreb a few summers ago.  I flew via Paris.  The man across the aisle was laughing as I was photographing.  Available light from the airliner’s window.  Bon Appetit?    Could be categorized Places to get Food

Wish I remembered the names of the dishes served.

1. newprairiestore

Looks good…makes me hungry at 12:02 am

December 16, 2011 at 1:02 am

2. Made me hungry just as I was going to bed…

December 16, 2011 at 1:04 am

3. Rob

Haven’t seen a meal like that on an airlines for some time. I have grown accustomed to the 12 peanuts, or pretzels, if I’m lucky. Flying to the “wrong” places I guess.

December 16, 2011 at 6:40 am

4. Gail Radley

Something about food on a tray

December 16, 2011 at 6:56 am

5. BEth Piraino

The wine looks rather good, especially on a long flight

December 16, 2011 at 7:25 am

6. Vincie

I remember eating vegetable lasagna on Alitalia and it was surprisingly good. But, then, the Italians are all about the food . . . even on their airplanes.

December 16, 2011 at 8:49 am

7. It used to be both exciting and pleasurable to fly to your destination. Now, the misery starts as soon as you enter the airport and lasts until you reach your destination. Don’t complain too loudly or the TSA may hear you. Silence of the lambs.

December 16, 2011 at 9:05 am

8. thirdhandart

The pasta and bread look delicious! I’ve also heard a few people snicker as I photographed my food in public. But if it looks delicious, why not savor the moment?

December 16, 2011 at 9:21 am

9. JB

That looks downright luxurious! Last time I flew back from France I bought one of the wonderful baguette sandwiches from a street vendor which I planned to savor as my last memory of the trip. I forgot to eat it and was arrested at the Dallas airport by one of the cute little dogs that sniff your baggage. Apparently the sandwich had meat in it so I had to stand in a long line with the offenders who brought in too much cash, or had improper paperwork. Almost missed my connecting flight. And they had to go through every bit of my luggage and then they found the baggy of spices I had purchased at the little french grocery store …. and the sea salt. They allowed me to continue with the spices. I agree wholeheartedly with ChgoJohn.

December 16, 2011 at 9:52 am

10. Erica Wells

For an Airline meal, quite unbelievable….. that said, looks like Ritter’s diner, except fpr the French bread and wine!! Should have just served LOTS of bread and wine, with coffee after ….. hold the rest!!! :-)

December 16, 2011 at 9:52 am

11. ryoko861

Wow, that doesn’t look bad!!

December 16, 2011 at 1:38 pm

12. Now that’s a meal. Even if the food’s bad, which it looks fine, the bread could fill you up.

December 16, 2011 at 1:39 pm

13. Cj

All I can say is peanuts never looked this good on any flight I have taken!

December 17, 2011 at 8:44 am

14. Did you consume a full glass of wine with your meal? ;) I love that you made your seatmate smile with your photography!

December 17, 2011 at 9:25 pm