Weekly Photo Challenge: Today

Two friends from work (JS) and (MK) alerted me it is National Donut Day.  Or is it Doughnut?

It is the 75th one so where have I been all these years?

I usually get that kind of info from Foodimentary blog and he is saying it is National Doughnut WEEKEND!

The Weekly Challenge came in this afternoon that you must take the photo TODAY so I shot a few photos of the  Highland Park fountain in the rain on the way home from school and the lawn ball in the garden with water drops for today’s post  of TODAY

and then my friend Steve came home with a chocolate donut he had gotten for FREE at the Giant Eagle.  Can you believe it ?

And he offered it to me.

So of course I took that donut and unwrapped the wrinkled bakery tissue from the sticky frosting (humidity is high high high today) and put it out on the front porch ledge and started to shoot away.  I did take a bite out of it for photographic purposes. Honestly, they don’t make donuts like they used to back when I was a kid………… The peeling paint on the stone ledge adds a lot to the photo in my  opinion.

(If I were to eat a doughnut it would be without chocolate  frosting)

Free from Giant Eagle today on National Donut Day.

1. OH YUMMY! I’m drooling.

June 1, 2012 at 6:39 pm

2. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge : Today « Cheryl Andrews

3. I’ve always wondered if it’s donut or doughut too! And it looks delicious!

June 1, 2012 at 8:29 pm

4. Pingback: WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE : TODAY « 2012 – ON THE BENCH

5. Great photo, Ruth! Love the color and composition! I did not have a donut, sadly, but I did have yogurt from yogurtland. I’m becoming quite the addict!

June 1, 2012 at 10:39 pm

6. I cannot believe I missed National Donut Day! I need to get a better holiday calendar — and a donut or two.

June 1, 2012 at 11:08 pm

7. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Today « heartfelt images

8. Donut! Makes me hungryyy

June 2, 2012 at 12:40 am

9. Happy Doughnut/Donut Day! Who knew with all these wonderfully quirky holidays. :-)

June 2, 2012 at 1:18 am

10. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: TODAY… | Mirth and Motivation

11. Toni

Heard about it on the Today Show – Dunkin Donuts gave free ones with each drink purchased. Of course we went!!! Latte and free donut – morning treat!

June 2, 2012 at 1:22 am

12. Lucky you! Love all the textures.

June 2, 2012 at 2:26 am

13. Mmm…. a delicious, fun and sweet day. Every Sunday, my son would ask for chocolate doughnut and ham and cheese kolache. It has become a much awaited weekend event. Beautiful post.

June 2, 2012 at 2:27 am

14. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Today | Project 365 Challenge in 2012

15. Holey day of obligation

June 2, 2012 at 8:03 am

16. Gail

Something so satisfying about eating a doughnut…until the realization hits of what you just ate…then the pride if you only ate one. Until the next time

June 2, 2012 at 8:04 am

17. Vincie

I haven’t eaten a doughnut in years. Glazed doughnuts and plain cake doughnuts were my favorites. When “doughnuts” became “donuts” they weren’t made the same way and lost their charm for me.

June 2, 2012 at 8:10 am

Delicious photo. Funny Hesh came home from the Giant Eagle give away with bagels.

June 2, 2012 at 8:56 am

19. Pingback: WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE: Today – woven decor

20. Pingback: WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE: Today – woven decor

21. Pingback: Weekly photo callenge : “Today” « Just another wake-up call

22. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Today is my lucky day « Ben Williams' World

23. Pingback: Today « Thoughts Unrestricted

24. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Today « Observations

25. Hope you enjoyed National Donut Day!!

June 2, 2012 at 3:18 pm

26. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Today with Joy « Janet's Craft

27. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Today – Take Two | Children's Books & More

28. Erica Wells

Please post the photos you took of the Highland Park Fountain sometime!!

June 2, 2012 at 10:29 pm

29. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge – Today « melonpopzdropz …

30. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Today: My Autumn Weekend Away « a hectic life

31. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Today « Mike Hardisty Photography

32. What a great reason to eat a donut! I don’t suppose there is a National Chocolate Day.

June 3, 2012 at 10:31 am

33. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Today | mothergrogan

34. A wonderful coming together of circumstances. What is your favorite kind of donut?

June 3, 2012 at 8:58 pm

• I prefer a fresh glazed one, no chocolate. I regret eating one, if I do. They just sit there.

June 4, 2012 at 3:57 pm