Fresh Baked Pies on Handmade Ceramic Pie Stands at the Farmer’s Market

(I am posting this with our dear friend Rob in mind . You might remember he guest blogged for National Pie Day when he was a pie judge)

Okay, I posted the donut for National Donut Day and then yesterday’s baked goods upgrade of the elegant French macarons.

Today it is the fresh baked pies. Fresh Baked Pies from Annie Oakley’s Kitchen that is!

Meet Annie the owner of Annie Oakley’s Kitchen and her sister-in-law Christa, who is a pie apprentice.  They were sporting company shirts and aprons and selling delicious looking pies at the South Side Farmer’s Market on Carson Street.

I loved that they had a box of forks so you could dig right in after purchase.

Annie the pie maker on the left and Christa (sister-in-law) the pie apprentice on the right.

And Mom, Bryna, is the ceramicist who created the pie/cake stands for the display.  She also makes ceramic pie plates for sale.

What a fun booth they had set up in the Farmer’s Market on Carson Street.  They are at the Whitehall Farmer’s Market on Mondays.

I sampled the apple butter which she sells on ETSY  for just $4 a jar.

I bought two small strawberry rhubarb pies for $5 which was a sweet deal.

1. Stalls like these that sell baked goods and breads at the farmers markets are often over-looked in the mad rush to get the best arugula and sweetest berries. Truth is, whenever I’ve bought a loaf of bread, a pie, or sweet roll, I’ve been very pleased.

June 5, 2012 at 11:16 pm

2. Rob

Wonderful looking pies. Thanks for sharing and letting me think “sweet thoughts” today.

June 6, 2012 at 4:21 am

3. Kristin

Yummy! Rick was coveting that Strawberry Rhubarb pie.

June 6, 2012 at 6:53 am

Were they delicious? They sure look like they were.

June 6, 2012 at 7:41 am

5. I love strawberry rhubarb pie

June 6, 2012 at 7:48 am

6. Thanks so much Ruth, this was such a great post! I’m so happy you enjoyed the pies!

June 6, 2012 at 7:57 am

7. Vincie

I love blueberry pie!

June 6, 2012 at 8:13 am

8. Erica Wells

Dear Annie Oakley: Please come to East Liberty on Monday!!! Send a sattelite!!! [spelling] :-) Lovely pies and lovely pie stands!!!!

June 6, 2012 at 9:10 am

9. These pies look wonderful and I love homemade apple butter.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

June 6, 2012 at 9:48 am

10. Yummyyyyyyy :)
    Dammit. Wish I was working out more these days so I could inhale a pie like that =P

Btw, I am running around the blogosphere leaving this annoying message with people who had subscribed to my blog before I changed my domain name. Apparently my posts are not showing up in their Readers and I must ask them to kindly unsubscribe & resubscribe to my blog, by just unclicking and clicking on the “Following” button at the top of my page http://www.yourdailydoseblog.com

I hate to bother everyone about this, but I’d really appreciate the help in getting things back on track! Thanks so much!!:)
    – Janice

June 7, 2012 at 6:49 pm

11. Oh gosh, the pies are tiny! Perfect single-serving size. Terrific!

June 9, 2012 at 8:54 pm