Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship

The sunflowers are a gift from a friend.

This photograph was taken in the art room today on my iPhone.  Most of the middle schoolers were on a trip. After lunch I had a few who didn’t get to attend.  This wonderful painting was created by a young man named Scott.  He painted the sunflowers a friend had brought me.

I didn’t want to leave the flowers at home alone so took them with me to school. They were so vibrant and summery.

Oh, the unexpected surprise of the gift of flowers from a good friend.

Friday after school,  I put the bouquet on the front seatand when I arrived at my son and DIL’s home  and took them out of the car, my granddaughter ran down the hill of the front yard to greet me and said excitedly when she saw them, “Oh we studied that artist! ”  Later in the craft store she picked up a Starry Night Umbrella and told me it was the same artist as the Sunflowers. She’s 8 1/2 and just completed second grade Tuesday.

Thanks for the flowers, friend.  I thought it would cheer you to see them in Scott’s painting.

(And that eyeball glaring from the chair is from the cover of a book that belongs to Scott’s classmate and friend, J, who told me he has checked out the photos on this blog!  Cool. )

To see other responses to the weekly photo challenge click here

1. Remarkable that your granddaughter recognized and remembered Van Gogh. Cute that J made it into the shot, too, although perhaps his ear may have been more appropriate.

June 9, 2012 at 1:26 am

2. Friends are beautiful people to have. A gift from them brings joy to the heart. You share your gift of photography with everyone and make friends all over the world. THANK YOU!

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

June 9, 2012 at 4:57 am

3. Kristin

Lovely!

June 9, 2012 at 5:54 am

4. Ruth…You so deserve gorgeous surprise flowers! You are an inspiration…

June 9, 2012 at 7:30 am

What a wonderful way to start the weekend. Beautiful flowers and a beautiful painting.

June 9, 2012 at 7:47 am

6. Everything about that entry is just nice.

June 9, 2012 at 7:50 am

7. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship via WordPress « Janet's Notebook

8. That’s exactly the painter that came to mind when I saw your preview photo.. before even reading your blog. I think that young artist should keep painting! Lovely!

June 9, 2012 at 10:17 am

9. Amazing how those flowers from your friend ended up touching a whole circle of people! Great post!

June 9, 2012 at 11:02 am

10. Cj

Sunflowers always make me smile… sort of like you Ruth, thnaks for sharing.

June 9, 2012 at 12:45 pm

11. Pingback: Daily Post challenge – Friendship | thegingerbreadcafe

12. Pingback: Weekly photo challenge : “Friendship” – When I was gifted a star « Just another wake-up call

13. I suspect your friend had no idea the impact those flowers would have on *so many* people. It’s gifts like these that have such amazing positive power.

June 9, 2012 at 8:51 pm

14. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: FRIENDSHIP « Flickr Comments by FrizzText

15. This is very thoughtful Ruth! :-)

June 10, 2012 at 1:08 pm

16. Wonderful!

June 10, 2012 at 1:47 pm

17. Nice interpretation of the theme. It’s not bad.

June 12, 2012 at 8:34 pm