Sisters Separated at Production in the Doll Factory

or What Love Looks Like-

It’s been almost two years since I posted Baby Doll (the loved doll) and her “sister” who was bought as a replacement but never really played with or looked at as far as I know.

Baby Doll (b. 1979) belonged to Erika when she was little and now Anna has loved her for 8 more years.  I just stitched her arms up as they were coming off.  And since I’m visiting the family and not driving around the city today I am showing the effects of two more years of loving.  Maybe someone who reads this post will send a photo of the same doll in a similar condition.

One thing I know is they are most cooperative when I set them up to pose for the shooting!

1. Gee, Ruth. There really is such a thing as too much lovin’.

July 10, 2012 at 12:47 am

I love these pictures and it just goes to show, that loving is hard work.

July 10, 2012 at 7:28 am

3. Erica Wells

Maybe this is a short essay on aging —- and we’re still loveable, and loving!!! :-) :-)

July 10, 2012 at 9:22 am

4. Vincie

I think Baby Doll #1 needs a make over. Maybe we could sign her up for a segment of “What Not to Wear.”

July 10, 2012 at 9:23 am

5. Meredith W.

OMGosh!!!! I can’t believe I stumbled on this! I know you posted this a long time ago, but I have this exact doll. It was my older sisters, and I have had it for 30 years…. It looks just like the “loved” doll!! Today, while at a consignment sale for my own children, I found the doll in perfect condition!! Thirty years of loving makes a huge difference :)

July 28, 2013 at 11:11 pm

• Thanks for writing. Send a pic and I can repost. Baby doll is looking even more loved these days.
      That is so cool you found another one.

July 28, 2013 at 11:47 pm