Laura has a Mumkin on her Front Porch

When I visited last week in Columbus, Laura had a Mumkin on her front porch. (James,too)

A pumpkin decoration with the top off and filled with a chrysanthemum plant. Do they have mumkins where you live?  It was new to me. I guess you could turn it around after Halloween for Thanksgiving time so the Jack-o-Lantern face is in the back. I thought it was cheerful.

When I googled the word Mumkin,  I came up with a totally different definition from the Urban Dictionary.

Anyway it was cute and the mums were all still buds. Maybe it has since bloomed. I will have to ask.  What will they think of next?

1. Awww.. I love that idea! This is so adorable and then to turn it into a jack-o-lantern is awesome! I hadn’t seen these!

October 21, 2012 at 11:12 pm

2. What a great idea! I have never seen this before and it would be the biggest pumpkin I have ever seen too :-)

October 21, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Very fall.

October 21, 2012 at 11:48 pm

4. Mumkin. That’s a new one on me. I just bought my first pumpkins for baking and now I have to consider buying them for use as planters. i just can’t catch up.

October 22, 2012 at 3:54 am

Kind of reminds me of a Chia Pet!! Nope, haven’t seen any Mumkins in Indiana!

October 22, 2012 at 11:37 am

6. It is cheerful and innovative. I have not seen a planter pumpkin before . Cool idea.

October 23, 2012 at 1:22 am

7. I actually saw one of these two weeks ago at the grocery store; and I immediately thought of you, and imagined that you would think it was a funny pic. Now look here – you’ve gone and found your own! :)

October 25, 2012 at 8:48 pm

• Always appreciate your comments but love that you saw one and thought of me

October 25, 2012 at 8:50 pm