Autumn Postcard from Guernsey County Seat – Cambridge Ohio

I’ve been told some of my photographs look like postcards.  I don’t think that is a good thing when they tell me but I don’t mind.  I like postcards.

Another view from the National Road- along Route 40.  Have you ever seen a Cambridge Glass Turkey?

Cambridge is best known for  Cambridge Glass

and the museum     The National Museum of Cambridge Glass is located on 9th Street in Cambridge, Ohio.
Open April thru December
Wednesday – Saturday 9:00am – 4:00pm
Sunday: Noon – 4:00 pm
Closed Easter & July 4th
Additional appointments or tour groups by appointment.

Hmmm – why don’t you think its a good thing? I think its a beautiful picture.

October 24, 2012 at 10:51 pm

• I had the same question – why is a photo being compared to a post card not a compliment in your POV? Just curious…

October 25, 2012 at 8:44 pm

• Oh it is a long story but someone I respect in the art community said it to me AND it was not a good critique – I named the photograph he was criticizing POSTCARD ( it is my header too) Obviously it is still something gnawing at me or I wouldn’t have mentioned it after all this time. My take on it is that my photographs he labels postcards are not considered artistic?

October 25, 2012 at 8:49 pm

2. I loved the turkey :-)

October 24, 2012 at 11:21 pm

3. Your photo is wonderful of The Guernsey County Courthouse. I was in Cambridge last year for the Dickens Victorian Village at Christmas. The main street of Cambridge is transforms with Victorian scenes of Dickens characters. The Courthouse features an amazing light show synchronized to holiday music. It is wonderful to see. I also visited the The National Museum of Cambridge Glass that holds some amazing pieces. Thanks for bringing back this memory.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

October 25, 2012 at 6:18 am

4. Kristin

Beautiful photo of Americana. It does look like a postcard…one that I would buy!

October 25, 2012 at 6:44 am

5. I love this one, but I’d prefer one with Murphy or a roadside toilet on my postcard.

October 25, 2012 at 7:06 am

• Toilets especially along roadsides are my specialty.
      Were you a follower for the pink one in the snow? Hope so.
      Not your yard, though. That was sooo funny.

October 25, 2012 at 8:54 pm

6. That is a great pic of a formidable building. I’d love to see its interior to see how well it’s been maintained/restored. If done in full Victorian style, it woud be something to see.

October 25, 2012 at 8:44 am

• I think Francine and I need to plan an excursion to Cambridge and check out the interior. My guess is there will be some
      Remuddling

October 25, 2012 at 8:55 pm

7. Beautiful turkeys, and I love your picture postcard. :)

October 25, 2012 at 10:06 am