Pignolis- An Heirloom Recipe from a Friend’s Mother

The one thing I can tell you is, don’t mess around with the confectioner’s sugar amount as it is needed to make the cookie take shape!

Parchment paper is key, too.

You can see I should have put this recipe in a plastic sleeve. It is well used and always appreciated.  People devour them.

Thinking of how wonderful it is that Esther was so generous to share her hand written recipe at least twenty years ago.  Her daughter, Diana,  will take her iPad to show her this post on Tuesday as we have no school due to the storm winds and rain predictions.  I called and asked if it would be okay to post and Diana said, “Yes” so thank you Diana and her mother, Esther.

I baked these for Laura’s wedding last year and made them for the House Concert for my gluten-free friend.

(Smidge, this recipe is for you, too!)

1. I love old handwritten recipes…. I have several from my mother and they are now priceless to me!

October 29, 2012 at 8:09 pm

• Marlene

I treasure my hand written recipes from my mom and Don’s mom. Erika has one of my mom’s cookbooks that my mom wrote in. I look at it every once in awhile when we are visiting. Gives me a warm feeling to see the writing.

October 29, 2012 at 8:26 pm

2. I have some of my own handwritten recipes from the 1970’s. They look very like this. :)

October 29, 2012 at 8:50 pm

3. As you know, I’ve got a few of these recipes myself. Each is priceless by any calculation. :)

October 29, 2012 at 11:38 pm

4. Gluten-free:D Thanks for sharing this very precious recipe, now it will be famous forever! I have one question, are pignola nuts the same as pine nuts? Sorry.. I don’t get out much;)

October 29, 2012 at 11:51 pm

5. Sounds fabulous! Thank you for sharing this precious gift :-)

October 30, 2012 at 2:18 am

Treasures!

October 30, 2012 at 7:37 am

7. Cj

A true teacher speaking here, not only is it a great recipe, but check out the penmenship!

October 31, 2012 at 7:24 am

8. Treasures like these are wonderful.

November 3, 2012 at 9:57 am