Red Pears by Candlelight

This winter will be the winter of photography by candlelight. I mean you have to have a plan. Try something new. Challenge yourself. The early darkness seems a good opportunity to light candles and experiment with low light. Bought some red pears. They don’t look red in this photo but my goal is to not manipulate the images. Find the right white balance. Not going to poach these orbs in wine or make a pear tart. I’ll pack them in my lunch bag for school and slurp their refreshing juice at the end of my lunchtime – hurriedly before period 8 starts.
Will be doing some more candlelight images and dm looking for some human volunteers for portraits by candlelight, right in my dining room.

20121108-003515.jpg

20121108-003807.jpg

1. In the dark when you are taking the photo, you can’t see all the clutter in the background. Tomorrow the Honey Crisps and improved elimination of junk. I said unedited. Here they are as is.

November 8, 2012 at 12:40 am

2. This sounds like a great project, Ruth, especially for one with your “eye”. I’m looking forward to seeing where this takes us.

November 8, 2012 at 5:42 am

Beautiful – it could be a painting.

November 8, 2012 at 7:00 am

4. connie

Love the ideas offered here.

November 8, 2012 at 7:38 am

5. Love this idea as a project!

November 8, 2012 at 7:40 am

6. This is beautiful. A wonderful project and I can’t wait to see more of your work. Maybe you should make this a challenge for others.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

November 8, 2012 at 8:20 am

7. Vincie

I would volunteer myself for a portrait by candlelight, but I think I might look better if you took my photo in the dark.

November 8, 2012 at 8:52 am

8. What a great idea! I’m asking for a photography light for Christmas.. This early darkness is maddening:D

November 8, 2012 at 10:57 am

9. I love how you continue to create new projects for yourself; and I’m looking forward to seeing the results of your next installment. If I lived near you, I definitely would pose for your pics. (A few years back I posed for a professional photographer here who was taking pics of people eating/enjoying their favorite foods. I ate cereal in my pajamas.) :)

November 9, 2012 at 9:48 am

• That sounds like fun. A cool photo shoot. Your positive comments are enjoyable to read and cheer me on. Thank you Stef. Wish you lived closer, too, cause you would be a terrific subject to photograph. Whatever is inside someone, comes out in the photograph so yours would be delightful!!

November 9, 2012 at 8:08 pm

• Aww…. thank you for your very sweet comment. Perhaps one day you and I will need to work and meet somewhere in the middle of our respective home towns. Chicago, perhaps?

November 9, 2012 at 8:50 pm

10. This makes me want to poach pears in red wine. Great shot.

November 10, 2012 at 4:53 pm