Bumper Stickers Gone Wild

At the red light, waiting to go into the Liberty Tunnel.                         I blurred the numbers on the license plate.

Bumper stickers have been around a long time but I haven’t seen them on too many cars lately. Until I drove home from school.

1. I’ve never been a fan of bumper stickers and never have had any on my cars. The last thing I want to do is to provide a distraction to drivers approaching my car’s tail at high speeds.

November 14, 2012 at 2:07 am

2. connie

For a bumper sticker collection I was expecting an older, low end model car. I would like to know the story that goes with this guy or gal.

November 14, 2012 at 6:43 am

No bumper stickers for me, only car magnets.

November 14, 2012 at 6:56 am

4. Vincie

I’m not a fan of bumper stickers, but I have a favorite example. It was an aging Honda Accord being driven in morning rush hour traffic by an aging baby boomer. The bumper sticker proudly proclaimed: “Born to be Wild.”

November 14, 2012 at 8:44 am

5. JB

There’s a car here in Omaha that is completely covered with bumper stickers – the entire car. It’s a teacher at the elementary school. A Prius. All the bumper stickers promote peace and harmony. One day I’ll have to snap a pic to send to you.

November 14, 2012 at 10:29 am

6. Northern Narratives

I haven’t seen a lot of bumper stickers lately. That’s a great photo.

November 14, 2012 at 11:07 am

7. Great capture, Ruth, but those stickers really spoil the look of the car’s rear end. :)

November 14, 2012 at 3:11 pm

8. Such a fun shot. You don’t see that many bumper stickers anymore….Remember the 70s…..

November 14, 2012 at 3:26 pm

9. Cool shot. But I have to agree with AD, they do ruin the look of that lovely car :-)

November 14, 2012 at 3:56 pm

10. That’s a lot of stickers! How did you blur the license plate info? (Just curious, as I do this often on my blogs – and wanted to know if perhaps you had an easy method of doing it…)

November 22, 2012 at 8:39 am

• I did it in Aperture on Mac. Just did a retouch to break it up and blur it so it wasn’t legible.

November 22, 2012 at 8:58 pm

11. Pingback: 4 Stupid Things I Did to My Car When I Was Younger That I'd Never Do Now - Off the Throttle