Jim, the Baker at Slippery Rock

Field trip today with high school students, exploring  Slippery Rock Univeresity. The weather was almost like early Spring if you can believe it.

At lunch the kids were thrilled with the fare in the Boozel Dining Hall. Especially the desserts. Jim  the baker was gracious and allowed me to photograph him and his cupcakes but I was shooting into the window light so he allowed me to take another.  His coworker said he is already famous.  He told me he comes from England, or at least his forbears did.  It was crowded and loud and we had to catch the bus back to school. I wish I had gotten more info, how he became a baker and how long he has worked at the university. Thanks Jim!

What a great day the students had, touring and visiting the library and  a dorm room and trying out the climbing rock wall and pool, eating in the dining hall.

First photo taken with the iPhone.

And the middle portrait shot with Canon 5D with a 24-70mm L lens, available light,no flash ISO 400  f /4  shutter 100

Final cupcakes photo with the Canon 5D as well. When you compare the first and third cupcakes you know you need your camera at all times.

Jim the baker with cupcakes

Jim the baker

cupcakes

1. Kristin

I don’t remember having such delicious looking cupcakes in my college cafeteria! Jim looks like a friendly character.

December 1, 2012 at 7:29 am

Jim looks like he loves his job and those cupcakes look amazing.

December 1, 2012 at 8:38 am

3. SO good of you to take HS kids to a college campus.

December 1, 2012 at 2:36 pm

4. Your photo of the cupcakes reminded me of the photos I shot yesterday of my Italian market’s pastry counter. So may canolli! And then I remembered that I bought a canolli and it’s still in my fridge. Gotta run …

December 1, 2012 at 5:34 pm

5. So sweet! Yumm…

December 1, 2012 at 7:37 pm

6. Oooh, now I’m craving a cupcake or two. Which ones to choose? :) Jim look like the Cupcake King.

December 2, 2012 at 10:58 am

7. kz

those cupcakes look delicious! i’m craving one!! ^^

December 8, 2012 at 12:52 am