Weekly Photo Challenge: Resolved

This week’s challenge is a good one for the new year.  Have you ever kept a resolution?  Hmmmm.

Resolved to-> Eat healthy, exercise more, just exercise some, get organized, read more books etc etc. etc. blah blah blah.

I thought I would choose something manageable.  Concrete.   Simple. Something i could actually accomplish.

I am not good with resolutions. Keeping them, that is.

The pile of accumulated mail?  NAH!  Clean out the freezer? the  pantry, my closet? NAH  Polish the silver? NAH

So I came up with a resolution I think is a good one -

I resolved to not buy any more yarn.  Finish all the projects I’ve started. Use all the yarn in the stash.

Does anyone else have this bad habit of starting new projects and not finishing the old ones? I should go around and photograph people’s yarn stashes?

I decided to finish the second sock of the pair I started at least 7 seven years ago.    And then Stef helped me out.  She sent the guest blog of the retro soup cans on Saturday. And after Maura and Muprhy left to return to Columbus on Sunday I finished the second sock.  24 hours after my resolution.

Now on to the second mitten.  The sweater I started that’s in a shopping bag in the bottom of the closet.

Dear La, I love the  hand crafted ceramic bowl for the ball of yarn to knit from. Thanks for the great Christmas gift.  It is so inspiring.

(Simply Tangled Ceramics)  She bought it at the handcraft store Wholly Craft, on High Street, Columbus -a long block from her house.

If you want to see how other bloggers met the challenge, click here

socks and yarn

(Above photo with Canon 5D Markii)

and then in 24 hours I finished the second sock    see below ( iPhone camera)

The horizontal stripe is not slimming but you get the picture!  I actually finished the second sock.

photo-8

1. Wonderful! how long did that take?

January 6, 2013 at 9:21 pm

• About 4 hours to finish it. After all these years of just sitting in a bag.

January 6, 2013 at 9:26 pm

• I don’t knit – I was curious- beautiful and warm!

January 6, 2013 at 9:28 pm

• I think if I knit every evening for a week I could complete a sock. Will start another with yarn I have and see how long it takes – when I actually work in it consistently. Stay tuned

January 6, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Those colors are beautiful – I made 2 resolutions last year – one I partially completed then gave it up – the other, well finding a cemetery plot is harder then I thought.

January 6, 2013 at 9:33 pm

• Yikes. Hope you find what you are looking for but don’t need to use it for decades!

January 6, 2013 at 9:37 pm

3. Kristin

Ah yes, the UFOs (unfinished objects). You are not alone. I’ve got many. I too have sworn off buying anymore yarn. As I remember, you gave ME a UFO last time I saw you…unfinished child’s sweater. Great resolution! I love the socks!

January 6, 2013 at 11:34 pm

4. Together after all these years … and what a lovely pair they make!

January 7, 2013 at 2:09 am

5. Laura

Glad you like the bowl.
    I’m looking forward to a pair of socks.

January 7, 2013 at 6:23 am

6. Gail Radley

Wonderful resolution. So fulfilling – keep going – YOU CAN DO IT.

January 7, 2013 at 6:45 am

7. Love those socks! Perfect for the weather now.
    BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

January 7, 2013 at 8:15 am

8. JB

That bowl is too clever! I think I need one to inspire me to work on my UFOs. And a perfect resolution … maybe I’ll do the same. I have lots of yarn hidden and no need for new projects. I admit to having a sweater that I started when we lived at Fort Knox – was that 24 years ago? Will it still fit ? (no)

January 7, 2013 at 12:57 pm

9. Donna

Love that bowl – that would be an inspiration for me to get a project finished. That was my resolution when I retired but unfortunately I’ve started many more projects. I keep on doing these scarfs. I too have lots of yarn and always have to buy new for a new project. Someone will have lots of cleaning out to do.

January 7, 2013 at 2:39 pm

10. nothing compares to warm socks!

January 8, 2013 at 5:50 am

11. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Resolved (Organ Player Paris) « What's (in) the picture?

12. A.M

Wow that is amazingly a nicely woven colourful cute pair of socks!!

January 11, 2013 at 9:41 am

• Thanks. I was amazed I could finish them after all these years.

January 11, 2013 at 9:52 am

13. Pingback: LAZY RESOLUTIONS « hastywords

14. Wow, you are very skilled! I made a similar resolution a few months ago: Not to buy any more books until I have read all the ones I currently have on my shelves. And not to renew any magazine subscriptions this year. I’m 50% good. :)

January 18, 2013 at 10:03 pm

15. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Resolved | Rebecca Barray – Writer/Photographer