Downtown Alley

The illumination challenge could have kept me going for the rest of the year.  I shoot a lot of photos in the dark with lights!  When you look at your body of work ( or parts of it) you notice different things and details on different days.

When I was sifting through files, I found this city alley downtown and just liked the perspective, the people, the shapes and lines. Although it was captured in another season, the thermometer went up to 69 degrees ( I saw it lit up on a sign!) and for the second week of January it feels odd.

I think I need to return downtown and shoot some more alley views.

downtown alley

1. There are a lot of contrasts in texture, design and shades. I particularly like the stones near the base of the building.

January 13, 2013 at 11:27 pm

2. perfect vertical composition, a big bravo!
    greetings by

January 14, 2013 at 5:47 am

I love the downtown allies, but they can be a bit spooky at night.

January 14, 2013 at 9:38 am

4. Toni

Too much T.V. last night (or I need my eyes checked) — I thought at first glance that your title said Downton Abby! The downtown alley is just as impressive!!! So interesting!

January 14, 2013 at 10:08 am

5. Fantastic photo, Ruth. An alley after dark, wouldn’t be my favourite place to be, but you certainly got a great shot.

January 14, 2013 at 12:47 pm

6. connie

I Like the fact that my eyes are drawn from bottom to top of the photo / alley.

January 14, 2013 at 1:41 pm

7. We’ve nominated your blog for an award (or two, or three…), if you accept them. If not, just consider it a token of our esteem! :-) See our post at http://windagainstcurrent.com/2013/01/13/award-appreciation-we-thank-our-readers-for/

January 14, 2013 at 5:40 pm

8. Nice shot, Ruth, and a testament to your “eye.” How many thousands have passed that alley without paying it the slightest notice? Then came you …

January 14, 2013 at 6:04 pm

9. Greetings from Australia,
    I love the perspective an composition of this photograph. It';s absolutely brilliant, especially considering that many alley way photos are not that interesting. This one is excellent. Keep up the great work
    God bless

January 16, 2013 at 4:52 pm

• Thank of for your generous comment on the blog today and I appreciate the blessings.

January 16, 2013 at 11:28 pm

• You are most welcome and the pleasure is mine indeed

January 17, 2013 at 3:23 am

10. No left turns though…smiles…

January 16, 2013 at 10:09 pm

11. Oh wow, this is a terrific pic. I would easily buy a print of that; the lines and the perspective are fabulous!

January 18, 2013 at 10:14 pm