Studio 35- Oldest Independent Cinema & Drafthouse, Hosts Free Oscars Event in Clintonville

On my way to Laura and James’ house, I saw this cool theatre, Studio 35,  and read the marquee.  Pulled over to the curb and got out the camera.  Thought it sounded like a fun evening.  Took the shot from the car and the day was a gray one.

This theatre looks l like the ones I knew growing up.  No theatre in Pittsburgh serves beer as far as I know.

My DIL was teasing about my getting home to watch the Oscars Sunday night, live stream on a computer as I have no TV that gets any channels. It is always fun to see the best and worst dressed though.  A lot of hype in the media.  But this image evokes nostalgia for me.  One of these visits to Columbus I am going to have to go watch a movie here.

Studio 35 Columbus OH

I love the fact that it offers something for free.

February 24, 2013 at 8:28 pm

2. That looks like it’s been around awhile!

February 24, 2013 at 8:37 pm

3. I love these old theaters. We’ve one here that has a ceiling that slowly rotates, going from day to night, with clouds being slowly replaced by stars. It never gets any of the big films but they do show some old gems. And if the movie disappoints, you can always watch the ceiling.

February 25, 2013 at 1:00 am

• Sounds like a treasure of a theater with the cool ceiling! Perhaps a guest blog photo?

February 25, 2013 at 6:00 am

4. “…home to watch the Oscars Sunday night, live stream on a computer as I have no TV that gets any channels. It is always fun to see the best and worst dressed though. A lot of hype in the media. But this image evokes nostalgia for me…”

February 25, 2013 at 7:15 am

5. hi Ruth,
    you inspired me to write about the Oscar night too:

February 25, 2013 at 10:59 am

• Very cool indeed. I haven’t seen the movie as the visuals of violence stay with me too long in my head.

February 25, 2013 at 9:21 pm

6. Gail Radley

Love the lights on the marquee

February 25, 2013 at 11:32 am

7. Wow, how old America this is !

February 25, 2013 at 8:14 pm

8. The Oscars are fun. I’m not big into the clothing, but love seeing the actors and actresses behaving like “real” people. The image is very nostalgic, indeed.

March 2, 2013 at 1:43 pm