Waiting for Spring

The Spring Equinox is March 20 at 7:02 AM.  Just THREE weeks to go.  I checked the Old Farmer’s Almanac for the official word.

In another 5 weeks, it’ll look like this in our part of the country….I have to keep it in mind.

Blossoms and green grass, bulbs shooting up through the earth. The RedBud will bloom.

Three weeks ’til Official Spring.  This photo was taken two years ago the first week of April.

March is Friday.  I think I have it calculated right.

Flowering Pear Trees

Old State Road in Columbus on the way home.  (I pulled over!)

1. Beautiful photo, Ruth, and the perfect way to remind us that the current snowstorm, too, shall pass.

February 27, 2013 at 12:45 am

2. Rob

Beautiful photo. March 1st is the beginning of Meteorlogical Spring if that helps. Yes it still may snow but won’t last as long as a January snow and the coldest temperatures are behind us. Hope that makes you all feel somewhat better.

February 27, 2013 at 4:18 am

I can almost smell the blossoms

February 27, 2013 at 7:23 am

4. Vincie

I agree with Sue. I can almost smell the blossoms!

February 27, 2013 at 8:23 am

5. It’s a viciously horrible day in our parts; that spring image seems like a million years away! I’m gritting my teeth.

February 27, 2013 at 8:54 am

6. Gail Radley

Love the movement of the fence Beautiful photo

February 27, 2013 at 2:31 pm

7. a stunning photo Ruth, the tines, the symetry, the colour an dlight. Superb shot!
    and yes this gardener is getting itchy fingers waiting to get out into the garden and really get going!

March 1, 2013 at 1:18 am

8. I love the rolling fence! Soon, very soon. (Our snow and ice is melting as I type this…)

March 2, 2013 at 1:46 pm

9. Laura Ophinsky

Reminds me it is time to plant my peas! It is going to snow -better get out the blow dryer!

March 5, 2013 at 4:00 pm

10. Now with daylight savings, longer days and light, I can almost feel the tulips pushing up the ground

March 11, 2013 at 12:29 pm