Raspberries and Blueberries on Vanilla Häagen-Dazs

Accompanied by ginger snaps!

This is the dessert my friend V served at a lovely home cooked dinner last Saturday.  It was delicious.  A generous helping, too.

A nice finish to a simply perfect meal. Walleye caught by Cousins Jeff and Jeffrey, a baked sweet potato and salad with whisked lemon juice and olive oil dressing.  Found this in my phone tonight and was thinking about how everything was so good.  She said she was following the same idea my mother used to profess-  Buy the best food you can and do as little to it as possible.  Good advice.

The Pamela’s Ginger Mini Snapz are gluten free and quite tasty.    Hope you have a good day Saturday.  HBTY!

Bowl of Ice Cream and Fruit

1. Reblogged this on Scrumptious Foods.

March 8, 2013 at 11:37 pm

2. Now this is the only kind of white stuff I want to see! It’s a great-looking dessert, Ruth.

March 9, 2013 at 4:03 am

3. robbard

Nice looking dessert. The only thing that could improve it would be a piece of pie under it.

March 9, 2013 at 4:42 am

4. Gail Radley

Ginger snaps take this delicious dessert to a whole new place – yum

March 9, 2013 at 7:31 am

I always love you food pictures. For some reason they make me smile. My mom made the best gingersnaps!

March 9, 2013 at 8:12 am

6. Vincie

Thank you for this lovely post today!

March 9, 2013 at 8:14 am

7. Kristin

Great advice! Sounded like a great meal and the perfect desert! Have a great Saturday yourself!

March 9, 2013 at 8:21 am

8. “Buy the best food you can and do as little to it as possible.” PERFECT advice. The meal sounds (and looks) amazing!

March 9, 2013 at 9:45 am

9. Wow! I used to eat dessert like that but sugar bothers me in my older years – however I can say: been there done that! I still eat gingersnaps, very spicy I like them, and gluten does not bother me….

March 9, 2013 at 9:46 am

10. ^ Hit “Enter” too soon. Meant to also say “you have good friends!” :)

March 9, 2013 at 9:46 am

11. Great advice from your mother! I LUV gingersnaps. My grandmother always kept “soft” gingersnaps on hand for us to enjoy when we went to visit her. I wore braces and couldn’t bite into hard ones! :)

March 9, 2013 at 12:26 pm