Weekly Photo Challenge: From Above

There’ve been a lot of directions in the challenges.

Up, down. Round. Forward. No inside out. Yet

this week it’s FROM ABOVE.

I stand over garbage, see a lone glove on the road-

take a shot.  A single baby shoe in the gutter.

Weddings from a church balcony, the mezzanine.

Not often, though.  Directly above is rare, more likely above from an angled side.

Have they done sideways?  I like that movie.

Here’s my From Above Gallery, though not celestial.

At the wedding reception

Laura and James at Marjorie and Dan’s Wedding Reception.  Carnegie Music Hall in Oakland.

IMG_3318

Seventh (Andy Warhol) and Ninth Street Bridges taken from the Renaissance Hotel.

At the Met in NYC

Metropolitan Museum of Art

Shadows at School Entrance

Shadows at the entrance of school

Angie and John's Wedding

Last Year’s Rose

French fries

French Fries on Carson Street

Porsche Engine

Porsche Engine

Batteries

Batteries from a week in digital photo class.

Dunkin Donut apron in the school parking lot.

Dunkin Donut Apron in the Parking Lot

1. I appreciate the diversity you have in your pics. I think your evening city scenes are always OUTSTANDING; but the small blue pitcher tile really caught my eye in this post (as did that wonderful image of the three grandkids. So precious.)

May 3, 2013 at 8:41 pm

• You write the loveliest comments Stef
      Thanks for your taking time to write.
      Hope you did not get that Minnesota snow I heard about.

May 3, 2013 at 8:43 pm

• You are most welcome Ruth. We received a very light dusting of snow – certainly not the 15″ that folks to the south of the city got dumped on. (I feel bad for them…)

May 3, 2013 at 9:07 pm

2. An amazing selection of photos! I was in the City a few weeks back and I saw a single rose in the gutter. I was a bit shy about taking a photo at the time but I couldn’t help wondering what the story was behind it.

May 3, 2013 at 9:12 pm

• Sometimes I feel shy to take a picture but if I don’t, I kick myself. (figuratively)

May 3, 2013 at 9:47 pm

3. Amy

Wonderful selections, Ruth! Love the beautiful bridges, wedding, rose, and baby.

May 3, 2013 at 9:38 pm

4. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Looziana Mudbug Luv from Above | Humbled Pie

What a wonderful selection of “above” pictures. I love them all. Even the fries and ketchup!

May 3, 2013 at 11:06 pm

• Someone must have been sorry to see them fall to the ground

May 3, 2013 at 11:38 pm

6. Terrific set of photos for the challenge. I love the rose one and the children one…actually I love them all. :)

May 3, 2013 at 11:58 pm

7. Quite an intriguing variety of photos, Ruth. I enjoyed pausing to take in each one! Your photography is lovely.

May 4, 2013 at 1:13 am

8. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: From Above-Italy by Night and Day | Bastet and Sekhmet

9. A very nice collection, Ruth. Your bridge photos are beautiful, as are the rest, but once again your best is reserved for the Grandkids.

May 4, 2013 at 3:51 am

10. quirky and entertaining thank you ruth!

May 4, 2013 at 4:19 am

11. Tanja

Your blog lets me to see at least a small part of the world that, probably, I shall never see. The most I like the photo Shadows at the entrance of school with a dried leaf, and I like the diversity of the photos.

May 4, 2013 at 4:40 am

• Come and visit and see our part of the world!
      Thanks for visiting the blog and for writing a nice comment today.

May 4, 2013 at 12:04 pm

12. I like how Laura and James are smiling to you!

May 4, 2013 at 5:01 am

13. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge ABOVE | 2013 Weekly Photo Challenge Blog

14. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: From Above (Paris) | What's (in) the picture?

15. Such a beautiful selection Ruth. As always you share so much beauty. Thanks! :) *hugs*

May 4, 2013 at 9:48 am

16. Love your bridges and babies photos.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

May 4, 2013 at 9:49 am

17. Donna D'Abruzzo

Lovely pictures, so inclusive. Thanks for including the wedding. Always a pleasure in seeing it. Almost 4 years!!

May 4, 2013 at 11:28 am

18. Beautiful Ruth!

May 4, 2013 at 11:54 am

19. It’s amazing how this perspective is quite all encompassing. I agree with you though, directly above isn’t a usual position shot…. quite awkward to get the focusing right unless there is some height!

May 4, 2013 at 11:55 am

20. Eattravelphotograph

Great collection!

May 4, 2013 at 12:04 pm

21. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: From Above | Flickr Comments

22. You are one of the few that have nailed the challenge Ruth! Love them all, but number 1, the conservatory floor and baby jack a little bit more :-)

May 4, 2013 at 2:39 pm

23. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: From Above | Pictures for Froghopper

24. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: From Above (Paris 2) | What's (in) the picture?

25. Zen

These are lots of pictures. Were the fries on the street yours? :)

May 5, 2013 at 12:40 am

• Oh no, someone had dropped them near my parked car. I found them.

May 5, 2013 at 6:31 am

• Zen

Gosh, they really have to throw those in garbage cans. hehe. Anyway, just in time for you to take pictures of it. Nice job. :)

May 6, 2013 at 4:12 am

26. love your photography and specially everything from this angle

May 5, 2013 at 9:56 am

27. What an amazing collection of shots – I’m really drawn to the bridges, but these are all great!

May 6, 2013 at 3:45 pm