The Umpire and the Softball Coach After a Consultation on the Field

I was at the Girl’s Softball game (high school ) last Monday.  When I look at this photo of the third base coach walking away from the PIAA umpire after a discussion, it makes me smile, too.

I considered showing the first photo of their discussion on the field  but this walking away after they spoke seemed the more powerful and effective shot.

You just wonder what was said.

I was shooting with a 70-200 mm Canon L series Lens and had to keep ducking behind the chain link fence for protection as those foul balls kept whipping towards third  base.

Softball coach and Umpire

I love that picture. No one loses when they both walk away with smiles. Hey Ruth E, you need me to come and protect you from foul balls?

May 10, 2013 at 11:52 pm

2. how great! that’s how all school sports should be! that’s a great shot!

May 11, 2013 at 1:00 am

3. Matty

Glad she was easy on him Umping is a tough job. I only did it a few times, but my first was as a last min sub in the Men’s Softball National Championship (in Croatia, of course.) Loads of pressure and very tough crowd, but I just tried to do it like Leslie Nielsen did and it all worked out in the end.

May 11, 2013 at 2:36 am

4. Excellent capture, Ruth. This is how it should be.

May 11, 2013 at 2:58 am

5. They seemed to have shared a joke :)

May 11, 2013 at 6:35 am

• Your comment would make a perfect title Colline

May 11, 2013 at 6:55 am

6. It’s rare that an ump/coach discussion ends in smiles and laughter – I definitely like this alternative a lot better!

May 11, 2013 at 7:53 am

7. Erica Wells

Fun shot and story! Can’t believe I am able to join in here again!!!!! Must be Fios. Thank goodness for one positive outcome. I am underwhelmed by their “blazing speeds!!!” I hope their regional VP and I walk away with smiles on our faces after I email him about what I think of his product – as he requested me to do!!! I’ll keep this photo in mind!!!!!

May 11, 2013 at 8:58 am

8. I’m thinking a tushee squeeze immediately preceded this, but who’s the culprit?

May 12, 2013 at 11:03 am

9. I agree with Colline. “SHARED JOKE.”

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

May 12, 2013 at 9:22 pm