Don’t Throw- Don’t Drop- Don’t Bruise-Fragile!

Last Saturday night, Steve and I were walking around downtown at the Three Rivers Arts Festival.

Behind the line of food tents at the Three Rivers Arts Festival, (actually renamed the  Dollar Bank Three Rivers Arts Festival- who knows how much they shelled out to include in the name ) this pile of fifty pound bags of potatoes caught my eye.

The sliver of orange shirt was a man who didn’t want his photo taken but I said “Don’t worry. I just want the potatoes. “

As far as identifying what state the potatoes were grown, I looked up Top ‘O The Harvest brand and found a distinctive bag in an agricultural museum c. 1960 and if they are still in business, it looks like they came from Unity, Maine.  The label says Special Frying Potatoes.  Wish I could have found the cooking oil containers to accompany this shot.

Piles of Potatoes

Here is the beginning of the line of food tents- the signs seem so generic this year.  Like a supermarket brand, to me.  They seem to have lost the individual character, a certain sameness except a different color.

Festival Food Tents

Mmmmm – I usually don’t eat the food but I love the smells.

June 13, 2013 at 7:06 am

• We didn’t eat anything but it did smell a bit enticing.

June 13, 2013 at 9:54 pm

2. yourothermotherhere

You are right about the food tents. I’m sure the organizers came up with that idea, but in my opinion, it’s going to turn out to be self-defeating. People can buy generic fast food from any clown — they don’t have to go to a festival for it.

June 13, 2013 at 7:49 am

• One friend said it looked “corporate” (the signs)

June 13, 2013 at 9:55 pm

• yourothermotherhere

I agree, it does.

June 14, 2013 at 9:03 am

3. Great shots Ruth! I love potatoes and will eat them each and every day as long as there can be cheese with it. LOL!
    Thanks for sharing hon. :D *hugs*

June 13, 2013 at 8:17 am

• Hugs to you for always making a positive contribution to the comments! :-)

June 13, 2013 at 9:55 pm

• *big hugs* right back at you sweetness and I can say the same of you and it’s always a pleasure hon. :D

June 14, 2013 at 1:30 am

4. Wow, that’s a lot of carbs there in the packets, Ruth. They certainly do look popular this year, though. :)

June 13, 2013 at 8:48 am

• That pile is probably just a day’s worth? Thanks for stopping by today and leaving some good words.

June 13, 2013 at 9:56 pm

5. I have no comments on potatoes and food line. I looked at the program of the art festival. Impressive ! Do you personally like Louise Bourgeois? This public -art part is so interesting. Wish I have a possibility to explore it more…maybe you can post some photos?

June 13, 2013 at 10:55 am

6. Love these kind of festivals.

June 13, 2013 at 1:09 pm

7. Summer finally arrives and with it comes the festivals! The new signage certainly does level the playing field. No big signs to outshine the competition. Nc\ice shots, Ruth, and good to finally see people in shorts. :)

June 13, 2013 at 8:57 pm

• …sometimes not so good to see some people in shorts, though….thanks for the nice comments always!

June 14, 2013 at 12:08 am

8. line of food tents makes me hungry; I want to steal the ice-cream left side, foreground …

June 13, 2013 at 11:56 pm