WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE: Curves

Plitvice Lakes Park

The challenge for the week is curves.  Tour bus above in the National Park with all the waterfalls- Plitvice National Park – Croatia-

No guard rails on this curve!

Plitvice Lakes FallsPlitvice Lakes Park in Croatia   a curved walkway

Tree in Plitvice

I knew I had some back seat driver photos from my visit to Croatia and I was able to find a few.            Fasten Your Seat Belt!

Car Trip Croatia

Curved Gate

Curved Roof Tiles

Roof Tiles  in Istria

Tunnel Curve

Light at the end of the curvy tunnel- Croatia Car Trip

Ram horns

On Brijuni – Tito’s Personal State Summer Residence

Zagreb Fountain

Zagreb Fountain- the water a straight line but the curve of the back caught my eye

And Back in the States Kennywood Amusement Park a few years back

Anna at Kennywood Whip

Anna on the whip in Kiddieland Kennywood Amusement Park

Kiddieland Roller Coaster

Carousel Horse

Curved Carousel Horse

Kennywood2007 038

Pap puts Anna into the car on the curve at Kennywood – Is this the Turnpike?

Kennywood2007 172

Log Flume Ride Kennywood

Glass Ball 001

Glass Paperweight

1. Can’t pick a favorite! Wonderfully diverse!

June 14, 2013 at 11:10 pm

• Thanks Kathryn

June 14, 2013 at 11:12 pm

2. awesome collection dear….love thenlm all with a beutiful last

June 14, 2013 at 11:20 pm

3. What wonderful images! Just lovely.

June 14, 2013 at 11:25 pm

Loved all the curves but – the Zagreb Fountain was hilarious

June 14, 2013 at 11:28 pm

• Thanks Sue. The back looked curved to me so thought I would slip it into the gallery today. Have a great time at the wedding.

June 14, 2013 at 11:32 pm

5. You must’ve liked this challenge, Ruth. You really got into it. So many photos and each capable of nicely answering the challenge. Together they make an impressive gallery.
    Like your new avatar image. Very nice. :)

June 15, 2013 at 2:08 am

• You are exactly right, John! I got into an old external hard drive with archived files and clearly didn’t stop myself! As soon as I read CURVES, I remembered sitting in the back seat on the Croatian car trip. As to the new avatar, I read that many people’s images online (FB etc) are not current. That was true for me. Guess new lines around the eyes and increased grays can’t compete with our high school photos. The new one is a month old. It was taken when one of my students won an award at the art show and I like how happy I look and felt at that moment.

June 15, 2013 at 8:52 am

6. Stunning collection of curves for the challenge Ruth! I had to smile at the Zagreb fountain. So adorable indeed! :D
    Thanks for sharing hon. *hugs*

June 15, 2013 at 2:16 am

• Hugs to you for your generous words and encouragement! Yes, that fountain finally made it on the blog and glad people smile when they see it

June 15, 2013 at 8:55 am

• Always a pleasure hon and I am glad you posted it. :D

June 15, 2013 at 8:59 am

7. Delicious, Ruth. The Plitvice Falls drew me in and then I was off on a wonderful ride with you.
    I’m loving the variety in this theme. (my first thought was my extremely curvy daughter, but I resisted!) :)

June 15, 2013 at 2:38 am

• Glad you fastened your seat belt and came with me, Jo. I am sure your daughter is grateful you restrained your urge to post her curves.

June 15, 2013 at 8:56 am

8. Très belles photos.

June 15, 2013 at 4:10 am

• Merci, merci.

June 15, 2013 at 8:55 am

9. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge / B4 Retouch: Curves / Manchester Library | What's (in) the picture?

10. Well, why say it in one image, eh? Diversity is the thing here!

June 15, 2013 at 6:37 am

11. Kristin

Great curves Ruth! Loved all the photos! I agree, you really got into this challenge!

June 15, 2013 at 6:53 am

• Maybe it was my mood, the feeling of almost being free. MOnday the last day of school! Thanks for all your good comments on the blog and for taking time to look and write. xxooxx

June 15, 2013 at 8:57 am

12. Kristin

I like the new photo!

June 15, 2013 at 10:04 am

13. advocacine

Thanks for taking us to Croatia! Wonderful photos!

June 15, 2013 at 10:25 am

14. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Curves of Glasses | What's (in) the picture?

15. interesting road curves in Croatia – I’m glad, that you survived :-)

June 15, 2013 at 10:41 am

16. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Curves In Life | My Daily Prompt Blog

17. Great collection of curves in your photos. Great photo of you.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

June 15, 2013 at 11:33 am

18. That curved walkway is my favorite of this set.

June 15, 2013 at 1:35 pm

19. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Curves | Pictures for Froghopper

20. I love the curved trees hanging into the water, they are so graceful and beautiful. What a great photo to enlarge and frame in a nice dark frame to hang in your home.

June 15, 2013 at 1:47 pm

21. Lovely combination of great photos and a theme!
    Love it!
    For my pespective of my homecountry Sweden, please visit http://www.bjorntorngren.com
    No commercial! Just photos! :)

June 15, 2013 at 1:48 pm

22. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge / B4 Retouch: Curves / Manchester Library 2 | What's (in) the picture?

23. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge / B4 Retouch: Curves / Shibam | What's (in) the picture?

24. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge – Curves | Joe's Musings