Painting the Bike Lane on Bleecker Street and Bicycles in the City

iPhone shot of the bike lane on Bleecker Street being painted

and all over the city you see brand new blue Citi bikes (bike sharing program)are parked, waiting to be rented.

Bleecker Street Bike Lane

Crew painting the blke lane along Bleecker Street- butter mint green?

Before Painting

The Bike Lane before painting.

Bleecker Street Bike Lane

You can see the bike lane before it is painted green

Blue citibikes

Man riding a blue Citibike at Union Square

bicycle east side

Lower East Side Bicyclist

Battery Park

Bicyclist watching the man do a flip in Battery Park

Coney Island Bike Rental

Coney Island Bike Rental

Delivery Bicycle

Bicycle delivery

Hudson River Bicycle

Along the Hudson River

Man on cell phone on bike

man on cell phone on bike

Bicycles parked along sidewalk

bicycles pakred

Single wheel locked up on the sidewalkbicycle wheel

1. Ruth, you live in such a fascinating part of the world! Or maybe it is your photography skills that make it so interesting. Or both? I think so :-)

June 25, 2013 at 2:35 am

2. Lovely bike lane indeed Ruth and your photo’s are truly beautiful as usual hon. An interesting post for sure and I agree with Aawwa…it’s you that makes it so interesting for sure. :D Thanks for sharing hon. *hugs*

June 25, 2013 at 2:48 am

3. They’ve been trying bike rentals in my city but people here are too addicted to cars…LOL! I’m not one of those however, I love my bike!

June 25, 2013 at 3:59 am

Bike share program is a great idea. I do worry about people riding without helmets though

June 25, 2013 at 7:01 am

5. Bleeker Street has always been one of my favorites in NYC.

June 25, 2013 at 8:45 am

6. Amy

Painting the blke lane in green, such a cool idea! Thanks, Ruth.

June 25, 2013 at 12:50 pm

7. We have those same mint green bike lanes in Minneapolis. I liked the woman’s hair color matching the color of the bike lane. :) The flip capture was great!

June 25, 2013 at 8:11 pm

8. A great series, Ruth. I didn’t realize that biking was becoming so popular in NYC. Given the costs of transportation, it makes cents. Always good to see the number of bike lanes increased and painting them green is a good idea. That single wheel locked to the rail is unfortunately an all too common sight. Locking up a bike using the front wheel alone is not at all secure, as that poor owner learned the hard way.

June 25, 2013 at 11:55 pm

9. Love the colour of that bike lane. It’s such a great idea. Wish we had bike lanes here. Love that pic of the cyclist watching the man doing a flip. Quite unique, I would say. :)

June 26, 2013 at 10:26 am

10. I forgot to say that the locked up single wheel really tells a story. Some people are so mean. Despicable! :(

June 26, 2013 at 10:28 am