Tattooed Mannequin – Back in the ‘Burgh

Summer vacation’s a wonderful break from the school year.

Have to report back to school two weeks from tomorrow 8-20.

It’s difficult to see summer come to a close.  Even the weather seems tinged with fall.

Trying to keep the blog in “real time” and needed a Pittsburgh photo to post tonight.  I shot this when Steve and I went on the Ducky Tour.

The Pirates are playing the Marlins at PNC Park tomorrow night. And tickets are in hot demand these days!  GO BUCS!

This  mannequin sports PIRATES ink.  I’d never seen a tattooed mannequin before this one.   Shot through the store window at Station Square.

Tattooed Mannequin

close up tattoo mannequin

We Are Family

1. I think the mannequin is wearing a tattoo sleeve, Ruth. It’s a less permanent (read painful) way of supporting your team. :)

August 6, 2013 at 12:11 am

• Who knew there was such a thing? They probably have them for all teams and I am out of touch. I don’t think I have seen one in person but perhaps I did and didn’t realize it was a sleeve. My friend Sue (Lady Bucs Club member) says she bought one for her son. Thanks for the feedback.

August 6, 2013 at 8:04 am

2. Different! :-)

August 6, 2013 at 3:26 am

OMG – Ruth E – that is a tattoo sleeve. I bought one for Yoni a few years ago and he asked me to send him another. Maybe I should get one to wear myself. I have tickets for today and tomorrow. Welcome back to the burgh!

August 6, 2013 at 7:12 am

• Thanks Sue. Cool that you bought one for Yoni. I didn’t even realize it was a sleeve. Bet you are super excited about going today and tomorrow.

August 6, 2013 at 8:05 am

4. Vincie

I wonder how many of those tattoo sleeves they’ve sold?

August 6, 2013 at 7:46 am

5. Lara

Welcome home!

August 6, 2013 at 2:06 pm

6. Cool tat!
    I think it’s a sleeve. For Halloween one year – we were all pirates. And – I bought a sleeve of tattoos for one of the guys.

August 6, 2013 at 7:45 pm

• You are right, it is a sleeve but before today I didn’t realize there was such a thing. Chicago John was the first to clue me in.
      Thanks for stopping by today. Your Pirates must have been fun costumes.

August 7, 2013 at 12:43 am

7. Interesting – seeing a tattooed mannequin is a first for me, too!

August 6, 2013 at 9:08 pm

8. Very cool Ruth. I love pics of tattoos, even if they are fake.

August 7, 2013 at 5:10 pm

• Thanks Jo. There certainly is a lot of ink in the world!

August 7, 2013 at 6:34 pm