Mother Goose

Storybook Forest- Idlewild Park , Ligonier, PA.  Nestled in a dark green forest…..

Aunt Linda talked to a worker who said the Old Woman in the Shoe was not at home in her shoe was because she had to fill in and be Mother Goose in the late afternoon.

But to the kids, this was Mother Goose, no questions asked.

Mother gooseJack, Cousin Parker and sister Maura are listening attentively as she asks them about a giant in the forest.  Jack knew right away who we needed to find.

1. Great, smile-inducing shot, Ruth. I would have loved to sit-in and listen to a tale or two.

August 16, 2013 at 1:29 am

2. Toni

Idlewild Park is a great place for young kids!!

August 16, 2013 at 6:26 am

I loved Storybook forest – can’t wait to take my grandson. Maybe next summer.

August 16, 2013 at 7:21 am

4. Gail

Making magical memories

August 16, 2013 at 7:22 am

5. Coleen Rush

I wonder if “Mother Goose” ever imagined herself some day doing this for the love of the children.

August 16, 2013 at 11:41 am

6. This lady looks like the perfect Mother Goose. (Though I think if she had been wearing wire-rimmed glasses that may have put her over the edge of perfection.) :)

August 16, 2013 at 2:04 pm

7. Joyce

As a kid, my folks would take me to Ligonier and Story Book Forest. My fondest memory was climbing the castle tower. It is still there but you can no longer climb it and all the cute little windows are boarded up. So sad! But it is great they kept the rest of that park active for the newer generations to enjoy.

August 16, 2013 at 10:57 pm