Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival

My friend V said let’s go to the Renaissance Festival. She’d been with her niece more than a decade ago and they’d enjoyed it so much they went the next year.  She saw it on the news.
We looked it up in the paper, got the details and set out for a fun Sunday, the last day before the students start school!

It was like  taking a trip back in time.  And a good photo opportunity.

Too bad I left my camera battery charging in the wall at home so I couldn’t use my camera.  Yep.  A cell phone captured the day.

IMG_1492

This nice festival goer said that the festival is a break from his mundane reality,

handmade Leather Boots

handmade Leather Boots

IMG_1566

IMG_1500

Pretzel seller

IMG_1508

IMG_1524 IMG_1523 IMG_1522 IMG_1525 IMG_1533 IMG_1534 IMG_1541 IMG_1545 IMG_1550 IMG_1502 IMG_1508 Pretzel seller

IMG_1551 IMG_1555 IMG_1557

IMG_1559

1. Looks like a fun time, Ruth. I bet the kids in attendance had a good time. :)

August 26, 2013 at 1:05 am

2. Wow! :-)

August 26, 2013 at 2:01 am

3. Nothing wrong with your cell phone pics, Ruth. I love the one of the little girl with the unicorn. :)

August 26, 2013 at 3:12 am

4. you have some great photos! it’s amazing how one can use a phone as a backup camera! thanks for letting us peer over your shoulder.. those pretzels look so good!

z

August 26, 2013 at 4:19 am

Seems everyone was having a good time – players and visitors. Have a great school year Ruth E

August 26, 2013 at 7:30 am

6. Donna D'Abruzzo

Looks like a lot of fun looking at the “olden” days. Love that BIG bubble. Nice to enjoy a day before going back to the grind of kids & teaching. Have a great year!!

August 26, 2013 at 10:12 am

7. Are cellphone camera’s great or what?
    I went earlier this year to a Rennaisance Faire too. It was fun. I like the costumes people wear & the various treasures for sale along the way.

August 26, 2013 at 11:26 am

8. I really like the bubbles and boots. One thing I so adore about your photography is that you capture life and the funness (is that a word)!!!!

August 26, 2013 at 11:51 am

• I think funness is a great word. Thanks Cee!

August 26, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Loved all the cell phone shots. Looks like it was a fun day for everyone!!

August 26, 2013 at 12:08 pm

10. My daughter would love to be part of this festival, Ruth. She loves dressing up and corsets :) I’m in love with the fairy and the unicorn (especially the unicorn :) )

August 27, 2013 at 2:54 am

11. We have a Renaissance Festival here, too. I like your pictures of the pretzel vendor (and the loom artist). The food “specialty” at our fair are huge turkey legs. [Here’s an example: http://media.dfw.com/smedia/2012/04/25/07/41/WZXy8.St.117.jpg%5D

August 27, 2013 at 7:13 pm