Coney Island Sign on a Doorjamb

Coney Island Signage  found on a doorjamb  (I love that word)-  NYC Summer 2013

BTW, How’s your handwriting?

YOUR HANDWRITING

1. Classic post! My hand writing improves when I write on a more regular basis. I do miss spell check though!

September 26, 2013 at 11:28 pm

• Thanks for your good words Lorraine. Write on!

September 27, 2013 at 5:43 am

2. not as good as I would like. We learned to write in a type of Copperplate and after a few years we were forced to change styles… cursive. Consequently my writing is a hodgepodge.
    Terry

September 27, 2013 at 9:51 am

It’s a real shame that kids aren’t taught cursive in school anymore. Before computers, e-mail, ipads, etc., we wrote LETTERS!! Great photo, Ruth!

September 27, 2013 at 11:49 am

What about people who were born since the computer age – they don’t write at all

September 27, 2013 at 1:00 pm

5. Nice post, makes people stop and think a bit. My handwriting never touches the lines and my signature never looks the same the next time I sign something…mmmmm will have to think what that says about me.

September 27, 2013 at 4:12 pm

6. Did you know that the Smithsonian has an exhibition going on right now focused on handwriting? Seriously. You can see details (and examples) of it here: http://www.aaa.si.edu/exhibitions/art-of-handwriting

September 27, 2013 at 8:18 pm

• How cool to know. I will check it out
      Thanks Stef

September 27, 2013 at 9:52 pm

7. Partly true but not all! I write fast, move fast. A bit in a hurry just like my scribbling. But in end, one’s character is in ones heart.

September 28, 2013 at 6:09 am

8. After reviewing the comments it made me think how much I miss receive and reading letters. No one write anymore. A lost art for sure. I am guilty because email to much easier but a letter is more personal. Great post Ruth.

September 28, 2013 at 7:38 pm

9. My penmanship has always been an embarrassment and I print everything. I would have made an exceptional doctor.

October 1, 2013 at 5:50 pm