Weekly Photo Challenge: One

One is the loneliest number ….”

unicycle

One unicyclist Pittsburgh Marathon last May

one

One handstand by Anna my granddaughter in Hardy Virginia

bryant park man

One reader in Bryant Park NYC

by window

One friend at her window

watching the seals

One seal watcher in Central Park

one tulip

One tulip by St. Patrick’s Cathedral NYC

one nun

One nun in NYC

$1 keychainsOne dollar souvenir keychain

Screen Shot 2013-12-21 at 12.16.57 AM

Laura is ONE  August 7, 1984 Grafenwoehr Germany

I saw Three Dog Night in the early seventies.  No kidding.

1. Pingback: Decision Agony – One… | Words 'n Pics...

2. One fabulous post Ruth, such a wonderful collection of so many singular moments.

Also wow! on the Three Dog Night concert – did they sing Joy to the World? What’s not to love about those days!

December 21, 2013 at 6:59 am

• Thanks Patti. Love your link. Fun! Thanks for the visit and your generous words.
      I always enjoy your photos, too. I can’t remember if they played it or not and I don’t think I’ll ask my X. ha!

December 22, 2013 at 10:33 pm

3. Gail

Ruthie you are ONE of a kind. Love the post

December 21, 2013 at 9:01 am

4. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: One (Liverpool Mersey Front) | What's (in) the picture?

5. Great images for the challenge, Ruth. Love the guy on the mono-cycle :)

December 22, 2013 at 5:45 pm

6. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Humbled One | Humbled Pie

7. Thank you, Ruth! As soon as I saw this challenge, that song came into my head. Yet, apparently no one else’s — and then came you. I feel vindicated. That was one of the first albums I bought and this post is certainly worthy of being associated with that classic. :)

December 23, 2013 at 12:24 am

• Thanks John. It came to mind immediately. cool that it did for you as well.
      BUT the remembering of particular photos that would be good choices for “one”eluded me at first-until I started skimming the archives. Then as you know, the trick is to stop and not go overboard with mediocrity, but try to nail it. I enjoy the prompt of the challenges.
      Thanks for the nice card and know you will be eating well (and interestingly) during the holidays. Looking forward to reading about it all.

December 23, 2013 at 12:52 am

8. Is it wrong that I’m jealous of Anna’s ability to do a handstand? I have been trying to master this pose in yoga for over a year now; I’m close, but no where near her level of proficiency. Way to get ‘em, kiddo!

December 23, 2013 at 8:50 am