Making Good Use of the Grapefruit Knife

The last of the Christmas gifts of fruit.

Starting the day off with refreshing citrus-  Ruby Red Grapefruit from Texas.

I don’t use it often, but dug out the old grapefruit knife to loosen the sections. The best part is squeezing all the juice into the spoon at the end.

Slurp!

Red grapefruit

1. Yummy- years ago I would sprinkle Grand Marnier Liquor on it , a bit of brown sugar and pop them under the broiler..Ahhh more memories !

January 8, 2014 at 10:39 pm

2. I adore grapefruit, we have a half every morning!

January 8, 2014 at 10:45 pm

3. Slurping with you Ruth. Great shot hon. :D *big hugs*

January 8, 2014 at 11:12 pm

4. I love grapefruit, but the cholesterol med I’m on contraindicates this fruit. Darn!!! The picture is making my mouth water!

January 8, 2014 at 11:20 pm

• Aww that very thing happened just Sunday when my friend came to breakfast. I hadn’t known about it before and now twice in just a few days of each other. Sorry to make your mouth water.

January 8, 2014 at 11:32 pm

5. Shuey

Adding a little bit of sugar to the ‘empty’ half before squeezing juice into the spoon . . . one of the best treats ever! The pic is indeed mouth watering to behold!

January 9, 2014 at 1:28 am

I love grapefruit, but I also can’t eat it because of medication. Alas!

January 9, 2014 at 7:05 am

• Seems there are quite a few people in that situation. ;-(

January 9, 2014 at 7:20 pm

7. Lovely. My FIL has a special grapefruit knife and spoon for just such a purpose. He likes to put brown sugar on his, then microwave it for 60 seconds. I never saw it prepared that way before.

January 9, 2014 at 8:44 am

• Sounds interesting. I wonder if the brown sugar enhances the natural taste or takes over?
      I’ve heard of the broiling them. I like my room temperature or a slight chill.

January 9, 2014 at 7:19 pm

8. Amy

It has been setting in my kitchen drawer… I like TX grapefruits :)

January 9, 2014 at 12:14 pm