Blue Skies and Sunlight Hint Spring

Anyone bored with weather reports? It’s so much lighter for the morning drive to school.

I actually saw a robin in a tree down on East Liberty Boulevard. He was shivering.

I think.

This  tree is in my front yard.

Today it climbed to 48 degrees.                                     I promise a new topic soon.                      Very soon.
Berries on Branch

Photographed on Tuesday. I swear I heard bird song.

sunlightOld cat damage on the arm of the couch and

Sunlight through lace curtain onto hardwood.

1. Nice post Ruth :-) It reminds me it won’t be long until winter visits us again down south!

February 20, 2014 at 10:45 pm

• Thanks Rainee

February 20, 2014 at 10:54 pm

2. Shuey

If not for Winter would Spring be as wonderful? Maybe . . .

I really like the sunlight through the curtains and the rich grains of the hardwood floor!

February 20, 2014 at 11:18 pm

3. Wow, two outstanding photos! I love the contrast of the blue sky and the bare branches of the tree covered with snow. And also the contrast in the second photo – the sunlight coming through the windows and curtains contrasted with the dark wood of the doors; and also the sunlight splashing on the wood grain of the floors. Excellent!

February 21, 2014 at 1:20 am

4. I think the Robin was shivering too Ruth. I would have too! LOL! Great shots! That sliver of sunlight on the wooden floor gives a great warming effect after the cold and frosty feeling of your first photo. Gorgeous! :D

February 21, 2014 at 2:55 am

5. I am still stunned by these snow photos, thanks Ruth, keep me believing in what is fantasy to me here in sunny Oz :)

February 21, 2014 at 3:20 am

6. i wish we had snow =( nice photo

February 21, 2014 at 5:52 am

• Wish I could send you some

February 21, 2014 at 6:10 am

• i would love that. there’s no snow here in Philippines

February 21, 2014 at 6:24 am

7. Kristin

I do not wish we had snow. 85 yesterday. Azaleas blooming in my yard. Love it!

February 21, 2014 at 7:00 am

I definitely saw a robin on our front porch yesterday. I don’t mind the weather pictures. Weather is beautiful!

February 21, 2014 at 7:07 am

9. It’s been a wild winter here but you’re absolutely right, I should be happy with the lighter mornings and evenings. Thx

February 21, 2014 at 7:46 am

• It’s a start, the light. But we need warmth, too.

February 21, 2014 at 11:23 pm

10. Poor birdie needs to fly back south.
    The second photo is warm & welcoming with the glimpse of the sun & lace.
    If you hadn’t mention the CATastrophe – I would not have even noticed it. ;)

February 21, 2014 at 9:23 am

• Thanks RoSy :-)

February 21, 2014 at 11:22 pm

11. Amy

So very beautiful captures, Ruth! Especially the second one! 48 is better, still cold though…

February 21, 2014 at 9:25 am

• Thanks so much Amy. Yes, it is still chilly. You are right.

February 21, 2014 at 11:22 pm

12. Gail Radley

Love the photos

February 22, 2014 at 3:00 pm

13. Love the light in the second shot Ruth. No snow here in India either :-(

February 22, 2014 at 4:09 pm

14. It’s difficult to focus on much more than the weather when it’s just so problematic this year! (Or persistent, depending on your perspective. I know some people like all of the cold and snow – just not me.) :)

February 22, 2014 at 8:52 pm

15. My sofa bears the scars of my last cat, too, Ruth. Love the blue sky over the snow covered limb. Even though our temp is well below freezing, the sun is warm enough to melt snow. Old Man Winter may not like it but Spring is coming.

February 22, 2014 at 11:53 pm

• You are right and even if we get more of it ( I won’t write it out S#*W) the ground is warm and it won’t last- too long.
      Thanks for making time to visit and comment, too. Your presence has been missed by many.

February 22, 2014 at 11:55 pm