Weekly Photo Challenge: Threes

Three Little Pigs

Three Bears

Three Little Kittens

Wynken, Blynken and Nod

Three Sailing Ships

No Three on a Match

It’s bedtime in Ohio.  Three photo story post for a different day.  Kicking off the Weekly Photo Challenge by Michelle W with this single photo of all the threes I could find on the grandkids’ bookshelves.

threes in storiesIf you think of another threesome in nursery or fairy tales, please add it in a comment below.

Three Little Pigs Cartoon 1933- familiar music Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf

1. Great choices Ruth! I really loved the video too. My husband came to see what I was watching :-). When I was little I always said I was going to have a brick house so the wolf couldn’t blow it down (I do).

February 21, 2014 at 11:48 pm

• Thanks Rainee. Fun challenge even if I did it a but differently. Glad you and your husband liked the 3 little pigs cartoon.

February 21, 2014 at 11:53 pm

2. Toni

Three Billy Goat’s Gruff, The Three Wishes, Three Blind Mice — these come to mind.

February 22, 2014 at 6:29 am

• Thanks Toni. I knew there were more but it was getting late in the evening:-)

February 22, 2014 at 6:31 am

Isn’t it interesting how many children’s books are in Threes. I had never thought of it before.

February 22, 2014 at 8:06 am

4. Vincie

How about The Three Wise Men a.k.a. The Three Kings? (I’m sure they have the statues from a nativity scene –although they’re probably packed away by now. Not everyone leaves their Christmas decorations up all year!)

February 22, 2014 at 9:37 am

5. Many stories with three in the titles. Never thought of it before :)

February 22, 2014 at 11:12 am

6. Cute take on the prompt :)

February 22, 2014 at 3:20 pm

7. Amy

What a cool choice for the theme, Ruth :) Love it!

February 22, 2014 at 4:19 pm

8. Very clever Ruth!

February 22, 2014 at 6:55 pm

9. Trinity is powerful in history (and therefore in literature) – a very cool and clever representation of this photo challenge!

February 22, 2014 at 8:48 pm

10. Love this! I’d never really thought about how many trios populate our children’s books and tales. This was a great way to respond to the challenge/

February 23, 2014 at 12:03 am

11. Pingback: 2-27-14 Weekly Photo Challenge: The Third Three | The Quotidian Hudson