Dorothy H. Holley – Poet, Friend

A slideshow, remembering Dorothy. Blackberries on Greek yogurt.  Roses, iris and tulips from her garden. The back porch where we’d sit, have tea, watch birds feed and bathe.  She wrote poems after viewing the photos of the Mill at Night and The Cider Press.  She baked fresh bread and gave me some to take home for Steve. She’d slice tomatoes and make summer sandwiches to share. She contributed many comments on the blog. She showed us how to live life with courage, grace and love. for Pittsburgh Post Gazette obituary click here

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Service at Calvary Church Shady and Walnut, Friday June 11th 6:00PM

1. D. B,

Lovely tribute. Reminds me of my grandmother,fresh baked bread that came with lessons of wisdom.

June 8, 2010 at 6:32 am

2. Lara

Ruth, Sorry for your loss of a dear friend. This is such a nice way to remember her.

June 8, 2010 at 6:36 am

3. Toni

Your friend Dorothy seemed to create beauty and warmth around her, and shared her world with others. This is a perfect tribute. I’m sorry!

June 8, 2010 at 6:40 am

4. Ruth,
    Very caring & sensitive tribute for obviously a special person in your life. When its my time, I hope someone will write so kindly of me….

June 8, 2010 at 6:48 am

5. Bernadette

She touched so many of us, thank you Ruth for this.

June 8, 2010 at 7:48 am

6. Beth Piraino

Dear Ruth
    What a beautiful tribute to my mother. The photos are very much about her life. Thank you for your friendship and for sharing your special talents.

June 8, 2010 at 7:50 am

7. Very nice.

June 8, 2010 at 8:02 am

You are so fortunate to have a friend like Dorothy.I am sad and I didn’t know her.

June 8, 2010 at 8:20 am

9. Laura

what a great slideshow for a great friend

June 8, 2010 at 8:27 am

10. Marlene

I know you will miss her. She was a special person.

June 8, 2010 at 9:11 am

11. Madalon Amenta

How wonderful for me to see these pictures while trying to integrate the significance of her passing. Never in each others’ pockets, we invariably exchanged knowing glances when together. We are/were decade mates.

June 8, 2010 at 10:25 am

12. Mary Corbett

Dear one,
    Sorry for your loss of a dear friend. To remember her in such a way using your talent to share her life with us all. I too feel the loss though I never met her.

June 8, 2010 at 2:00 pm

13. Ruthanne Bauerle

Thanks, Ruth!

June 8, 2010 at 3:57 pm

14. Joyce

You celebrated your friends life in your photos. She must have been a very special person. Thanks for sharing and celebrating her life with me.

June 8, 2010 at 7:11 pm

15. Barb Alsko

Thanks, Ruth. This was really nice. You’re so right — she was truly a model of how to live peacefully and gracefully even in trying circumstances. I’m glad I got to know her, even if only a little. I’ll miss her.

June 8, 2010 at 9:46 pm

16. Kay Comini

Dear Ruth,
    Thank you for the wonderful photos. I will miss walking in her garden with her, sharing her joy in growing things, sharing poetry with her and most of all, I miss her. It was truly an honor and privilege to be her friend. Kay

June 8, 2010 at 10:32 pm

17. Aida

Ruth, what a nice slideshow in memory of your friend.
    She looks like such a nice lady.
    I think she was lucky to have a friend like you, Ruthie, and I’m sure she knew it.

June 8, 2010 at 10:52 pm

18. Ruthie I know how lucky Dorothy was to have you for her friend. You have always known how to build bridges. I love you

June 9, 2010 at 6:07 am

19. Jill

Ruth, Thanks for bringing Dorothy, her poetry and her history to our class. She was an amazing woman. The tribute is beautiful.

June 10, 2010 at 7:06 pm

20. Suzanne

Ruthie — a beautiful tribute to a beautiful woman. Your life was so clearly enriched by her, in simple but deep and powerful ways. And she was surely blessed to have you as a friend, to share your poetry and hers, her life and yours….moments of caring captured in your photos. I’m so sorry she’s gone.

June 23, 2010 at 8:08 am

21. Doug Callihan

Ruth: Thanks so much for this beautiful tribute to my Mother-In-Law. She was a very special person and meant so much to us as a family. She is dearly missed, but will always be in our hearts.

July 6, 2010 at 7:13 pm

22. Lucille Koehler

Your remembering Dorothy’s birthday was a tribute from all of us.Dorothy taught us that life is a collection of little things that bind us together. I miss her email exchanges. She taught me many things-all good.

May 15, 2011 at 4:00 pm