Fête Paradiso at Governor’s Island Via My Sister

My sister went to Governor’s Island (in New York City) today.

Mary sent me some photos from her phone. You know she and I have been to a couple of carousels this year… Jane’s and Coney Island

Looked like a fun blog post in the making!   She did just that!  Thanks Mary. Her phone isn’t a smart one yet although I think it’s time to upgrade.

Fête Paradiso -Vintage French Carousel and Carnival Rides from the late 19th and early 20th century have been on display every weekend this summer, some to ride, some just to admire.

Fete Paradiso

IMG_1772

morning glory

Thirteen Stars on the Flag

thirteen stars

IMG_1773

The city skyline as see from Governor’s Island

and there was an art fair going on as well

IMG_1760

IMG_1761

1. Wow! They are real classics :-)

September 14, 2013 at 11:34 pm

I love the characters on the carousel, especially the clown.

September 15, 2013 at 7:41 am

3. What a wonderful place to visit.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

September 15, 2013 at 7:43 am

4. Connie

Thank you for sharing. This was so different and I enjoyed the animals on the rides.

September 15, 2013 at 11:12 am

I don’t know why but some of those carousel animals’ faces freak me out! Guess I’m just weird!!

September 15, 2013 at 12:46 pm

6. Kristin

Great photos despite the “not smart” phone!

September 15, 2013 at 3:30 pm

7. Is that cloud made of water bottles? Some of those carousel characters are truly unique. Thanks for sharing these!

September 15, 2013 at 10:16 pm

• The outside is milk bottles. The inside i is water bottles. Good eyes
      Thanks for your comment today

September 16, 2013 at 11:07 am

8. That’s quite an assortment of carousels. Would love to have seen them. Nice of your Sister to think of us and send the pics. :)

September 16, 2013 at 5:32 pm

9. That looks like a very old-school carousel – and in French, to boot? J’adore! [French seems to be around me these days: http://smilekiddo.wordpress.com/2013/09/07/57-go-to-one-alliance-francaise-event/%5D I agree with you – time to get your sister a smart phone. I bet once she has it she’ll love it!

September 19, 2013 at 4:45 pm