Uncle Frank Put the Engine in the 1953 Chevy

It is an amazing skill Uncle Frank has- refurbishing old cars. Did you see his 1933 Buick?

The car he is working on now is a year younger than me!   He’s got the engine in now. I am fascinated by the ability to do such work.  Watch for future updates as he takes this baby on the road.

And the interior is from a Cadillac.  I wouldn’t know where to begin.  It is going to be a beauty!  Shot in his West Mifflin garage.

1. I so admire people who share your Uncle’s skills, the ability to see a wreck as a thing of beauty and to have the patience and expertise to perform that transformation. His 1933 Buick is incredible and I look forward to watching his progress on the Chevy.

September 16, 2011 at 7:50 am

2. erica

Talent like this is a mystery to me … so amazing! I think a lot of the skills are acquired the first year of life in the developmental movement of the baby and handling by the parents (what baby has to play with, also). Happens early- so the person can’t “explain” how he/she knows how to do whatever he/she does! :-) Keep going, Uncle Frank!!!

September 16, 2011 at 7:56 am

3. connie

Awesome!

September 16, 2011 at 9:17 am

4. People who can take something so old, damaged, seemingly ‘broken’, and restore it to something shiny and bright and functional… talk about a genuine skill. Truly amazing.

September 16, 2011 at 9:44 am

5. Janice

A labor of love! What pleasure he must get from seeing this beauty as her restores it.

September 16, 2011 at 10:11 am

6. I admire people who can do this. It’s a dying skill too. I had to get a special jack just to be able to change my oil. Everything’s computerized nowadays too.

September 16, 2011 at 10:30 am

I can’t wait to see the finished product. My dad and brother used to work on cars but nothing like this. This is amazing.

September 16, 2011 at 12:28 pm

8. thirdhandart

My son-in-law works on cars and he stores all sorts of car parts in our garage. If only he could take those parts and assemble a 1953 Chevy or a 1933 Buick. Awesome photo!

September 16, 2011 at 2:35 pm