What Exactly is an Informal School?

My sister read the sign on the building as we were driving back and forth from La’s and James’ home. Next time she handed me the camera and I pulled over and shot the facade.  I went to read about what it meant by informal school.  The building reminds me of growing up. Someone has restored the building for sure.  Click Here for info about the school.

1. Aida

Love the building….looks like the old Catholic schools in Leavenworth.
    I think I would love this school and their curriculum….I have always
    thought that schools “test” too much and so much of the homework
    is busy work. It seems, in some schools, that we set students up to
    fail rather than teach them. I love the idea of working in groups
    and doing homework together. This school seems committed to
    educating students and not test them into oblivion.

November 16, 2011 at 6:22 am

In my mind,nothing about school is informal. Interesting name.

November 16, 2011 at 7:27 am

3. An “informal” school? I’ve never heard one. Maybe one of your illustrious commenters will shed some light on it.

BTW, Ruth, I’ve had no luck finding the pignoli cookie recipe. I’ve not checked with everyone yet but I didn’t want you to think I’d forgotten you… :)

November 16, 2011 at 8:17 am

4. Gail

Loved the after wedding photos

November 16, 2011 at 8:57 am

5. Lovely building – I much prefer the old to the modern! The information on the school is interesting – my children would have loved attending such a school!

November 16, 2011 at 10:48 am

6. Black tie is not required.

November 16, 2011 at 12:00 pm

7. Cj

Ruth the wedding pictures were beautiful. Glad you got home safe and sound. Hmmm “Informal School”… sound like a job opportunity to me : )

November 16, 2011 at 11:10 pm

8. Mike

My first thought was that an informal school was one that i would actually be allowed in! :)

November 17, 2011 at 2:32 am

9. It sounds like a fantastic curriculum. I grew up (2nd-6th grade) in a school similar in both academic structure and physical one. Good memories.

November 18, 2011 at 8:47 am