Allegheny, Monongahela, and Ohio -Three Rivers

Threes.  Many things come in threes. It’s a strong number- a favorite number of many.

Still on the theme of three with a triptych story with the suggested 3 pictures will be coming in the near future……………

Thanks Mark for this thought on the Three Rivers even though the stadium by that name was demolished in 2001

(see implosion below)

Panorama from the Duquesne Incline platform

Panorama from the Duquesne Incline platform

Allegheny River on the left

Monongahela River on the right

Forming the Ohio River at the triangular point!

I must say – Three Rivers Stadium was not my favorite. But, I did like the name. Most Stadiums now have corporate names.

February 24, 2014 at 7:09 am

2. Back when I sat in 8th grade Ohio History Class, we learned about the Allegheny, Monongahela, and Ohio Rivers. First we had to learn to “say” them and then spell them! I always loved how they rolled off of my tongue.
    Kind of like the “Anaheim, Azuza, and Cucamonga from Bugs Bunny!” Just something musical about unusual names….
    Thanks for bringing back a great memory!

February 24, 2014 at 7:35 am

3. Beth Piraino

Unusual picture of the point and the three rivers….

February 24, 2014 at 7:41 am

4. It always astounds me that they can implode something as enormous as this stadium and not have damage around it. Pretty fascinating.

February 24, 2014 at 11:36 am

5. Amy

The video is incredible!

February 24, 2014 at 12:48 pm

6. Reblogged this on Ohio River Mainstem system map and commented:
    Three Rivers Stadium implosion 2001. Three Rivers = Allegheny, Monongahela, Ohio

February 24, 2014 at 2:47 pm

7. great picture

February 24, 2014 at 3:24 pm

8. clever aren’t they? love your three rivers Ruth!

February 24, 2014 at 4:29 pm

9. I remember Three Rivers Stadium. Enjoyed a lot of fun there.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

February 24, 2014 at 5:16 pm

10. Gail Radley

It takes so much longer to put it up then it does to take it down.

February 24, 2014 at 6:42 pm

11. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Threes | NOE Style

12. Coming from Pittsburgh, was there any other choice possible for a “three” challenge? I don’t know what it is about them but I’m just as fascinated watching a building come down as I was as a 5 year-old watching a house of cards collapse.

February 25, 2014 at 5:04 am

• It is mesmerizing and all those tons of concrete down in such a short time-can’t help but watch

February 25, 2014 at 5:59 am

13. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge – Threes | Joe's Musings

14. The Metrodome was just demolished via implosion on Sunday. Kooky coincidence, eh?

February 25, 2014 at 9:04 pm